Photo Blog Feedback

Philly101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photomom101.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started an instructional photography blog a few months back. It's aimed at beginners generally and sometimes moms specifically. It's probably too basic for most of you, but I would appreciate any feedback if you have time to check it out. If you think I'm missing anything or if you just have ideas, I'd love to hear them.

photomom101

If you are looking for a particular place to start, try this:
photomom101: How to Use a DSLR

thanks

quick thing that hit me as I first viewed your site - the Ads. The top bar ads are not so bad, but seriously the sidebar ads really detract. They push your main menu out of its proper position and give your website a very tacky look overall. Are they a feature that you have to keep with Blogspot? If so why not move to a free wordpress blog where there is no ad problem?

Also if its photomums you might want to get a new logo with the DSLR round the mums neck not dads ;)

quick thing that hit me as I first viewed your site - the Ads. The top bar ads are not so bad, but seriously the sidebar ads really detract. They push your main menu out of its proper position and give your website a very tacky look overall. Are they a feature that you have to keep with Blogspot? If so why not move to a free wordpress blog where there is no ad problem?

Also if its photomums you might want to get a new logo with the DSLR round the mums neck not dads ;)

Not you don't have to keep them. It's a program though google called adsense. When people click on the adds it you get paid for it. I have it on mine but i don't think I have as many. tjkphoto.blogspot.com

Nice blog. The only downfall I see is you obvious bias towards Nikon. :lol: Don't get me wrong, Nikon makes great gear. But so does Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and some of the other big names.

I agree, that you should get rid of the adds... but that is your choice.

I also use blogger (My Blog) and is not necessary to have adds. Also... Unless you have "A LOT" of traffic on your blog, it probably isn't worth having on there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back