Photo C&C

Mtalicarox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Deleted - because as you can read in twinkymans post below - looking at a picture is too difficult.

Last edited:
Its out of focus, so kind of ruining the whole photo for me, otherwise it is good, maybe a bit shallower DOF would help the image, and having more of the person in the frame.

I'm confused as to what the subject of the image is... the person, the barn, the fence, the entire scene.

There is not enough of one thing to make a subject and too much of everything to make the whole scene the subject.

There are focus issues as well, which actually seem to be worse than in your original. I'm not liking the amount of sky you have in here and the fact that its so bright. I would not of shot this as a profile shot, I would of been a bit more straight on (maybe an angle too) so you can see his eyes / more of his face.

Moving in closer to the subject and shooting at a slightly downward angle would of help to isolate the man more than he currently is and cut down on the sky and other parts of the scene.

If you must have the houses / structures in the shot, try not and make them overlap with the man like you did. Moving more to your left would of had the buildings more on the left hand side, you could of used more of the leading line of the fence and have more of the subject's eyes and face in the image.

I appreciate the time you guys are putting in to responding to these, however Have you eve seen an old photo? theyre not always in perfect focus. / shrug i'm just going to take these down cause it seems that all you guys focus on is stupid stuff like "i dont know what the subject is".. its pretty irrelevant what a subject is, a picture is a picture as a whole. big twinky - you get an F- on your ability to make a legible C&C comment.

*edited to not stoop down to OP's maturity level*

Last edited:
i dont expect people to be like "AWESOME! ZOMG!" but stuff like "out of focus" might be on purpose.. i'm just saying for reviewers you guys suck.

i dont expect people to be like "AWESOME! ZOMG!" but stuff like "out of focus" might be on purpose.. i'm just saying for reviewers you guys suck.
Wait really? Thats my title now? I work as a reviewer, oh great wheres my pay?

And no, having your main subject out of focus was not on purpose. I dont care what you say, either it was, and was a bad decision, or it wasnt and i'm right and it looks bad.

As for asking c&c just for praise, just dont ask for it, youre in the beginner option, either ask for only praise, or take the critique as a man.

actually, the whole photo is the subject. not just 1 part of it. hence why i wasnt like "THIS IS THE SUBJECTZ ONLEE LOOKZ AT DIS!" You don't even know what the subject was.. do you? since you seem to think the main subject was out of focus - what was the main focus of the shot?

You don't even know what the subject was.. do you? since you seem to think the main subject was out of focus - what was the main focus of the shot?

Well its impossible to say without the image(s) showing ;)

As for this small argument about intentional out of focus areas and the debate about what hte subject of the shot is remember - photography is about communication - communicating your thoughts, ideas, emotios etc... through a visual medium to your viewers.

This a great part of the success or failure of a shot is not just your interpretation but the reception the photo gets from others - if they mistake your intent or see something that you don't mean - then its not their failure to interpret your work bur rather its an element in your work which has not worked as you intended and thus led the viewer astray from what you inteded the work to be about.

More than that I cannot say as I cannot see the image in question to be able to get more specific to this example.

What the hell is going on in this thread? I see no photo, and I see an OP not keen on criticism. Perhaps next time the OP can be explicit on what forms of criticism and comments he or she wants so as not to have any confusion when people see a thread title "C&C" and proceed to do just that.

You don't even know what the subject was.. do you? since you seem to think the main subject was out of focus - what was the main focus of the shot?

Well its impossible to say without the image(s) showing ;)

As for this small argument about intentional out of focus areas and the debate about what hte subject of the shot is remember - photography is about communication - communicating your thoughts, ideas, emotios etc... through a visual medium to your viewers.

This a great part of the success or failure of a shot is not just your interpretation but the reception the photo gets from others - if they mistake your intent or see something that you don't mean - then its not their failure to interpret your work bur rather its an element in your work which has not worked as you intended and thus led the viewer astray from what you inteded the work to be about.

More than that I cannot say as I cannot see the image in question to be able to get more specific to this example.

Wow, very lovely picture. I will use this cards as my backgroung in my blog.
Very strange first post seems like spam

@Mtalicarox===> Look, bigtwinky tried to offer you a constructive criticism. You either can take it, learn from it or ignore it and get on with your life or you can't, in which case this forum is not for you. I suggest you revise your attitude and play less childish games.

Peace now.

I think I'll have another beer. I don't see a photo for C&C, so maybe I've had to many...nah, vision's coming back now...more beer..need more beer.. Oh, BTW this is the kind of c&c you give other people...
"out of focus, I'd burn it, F-"
Do they have an age limit here, say at least 8 years old?

Seriously, WTF?

J.:lol:

I think I'll have another beer. I don't see a photo for C&C, so maybe I've had to many...nah, vision's coming back now...more beer..need more beer.. Oh, BTW this is the kind of c&c you give other people...
"out of focus, I'd burn it, F-"
Do they have an age limit here, say at least 8 years old?

Seriously, WTF?

J.:lol:

whats possibly the sadest thing from this thread is OP is like 40 according to his cat photos he posted a while back

Most reactions

New Topics

Back