Photo Contest thoughts

I'm not sure how to see the other peoples work so I'm not sure. Your's looks pretty good though

This is why entering a photo contest requires considerable thought:

(b) grant Future and its group companies a non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable (they lose me right here), perpetual (they lose me with this one too), world-wide licence to use (why do they need world-wide?), modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content on and through the Website and the Website Service and in any other form or medium (no way, Jose). You continue to own the Content after it is posted to the Website.

At least they don't grab the copyright while they're at it. ;)

As far as your chances, it depends what they are using as a judging criteria: technical merit? artistic merit? usability by Future and its group companies?

This is why entering a photo contest requires considerable thought:

(b) grant Future and its group companies a non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable (they lose me right here), perpetual (they lose me with this one too), world-wide licence to use (why do they need world-wide?), modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content on and through the Website and the Website Service and in any other form or medium (no way, Jose). You continue to own the Content after it is posted to the Website.

At least they don't grab the copyright while they're at it. ;)

Without these lines, the photo contest would be unable to reproduce or publish any of the entries or winners. I think you're making it out to be more nefarious than it probably is.

This is only the second contest I have entered, so some thoughts on the photos themselves?

You've already entered the photos. If we don't like them do you really want to hear that?

don't like any of those. but why'd you ask if you already entered.

just checked out the winners in each category, and quite frankly you don't stand a chance

This is only the second contest I have entered, so some thoughts on the photos themselves?

I think everything that could be said, was said in the threads you made for each of those images. No?

I can change the photos if I wish.....so change them since I stand no chance?

well it probably wouldn't make a difference. all the photos you've posted don't compare to the winners' of last year. but i guess anything's possible

Most reactions

New Topics

Back