Photo effect ?

mox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mox.ca
Anyone have an idea what effects/filters have been applied to these pictures ?

I really like the idea and I would like to do something similar on some shots that I did

I tried many things but I never get a result close to that.. I can't seems to be able to analyze the pictures

CRW_0003-1.jpg

CRW_0043-1.jpg

Fuji Velvia conversion plug-ins can often change an image dramatically.

Sometimes you can achieve simliar effects by adding a filter, such as sepia to a shot, and then applying it as color burn, multiply, or linear burn and then adjust the opacity to your liking. I'm not quite sure that's what they've done here, but the skys remind me of that technique in a way.

Actually on second thought, I think the colors appear too close to what they should be to be infrared. If it were infrared, the colors should be nothing like they are in real life. Especially the cars in these shots look very natural. My new hunch is that maybe these were cross-processed film. That's known to do some funky things to colors I believe.

If these shots were taken digitally than I have no idea.

they used a polarizer when they shot, and did some cross-processing to certain parts of the photo. look up cross processing on google for more info, as i dont know too much about it :D

i think amanda is close, looks like to me they have duplicated a layer then change the layers properties and opacity

The first one looks like a duplicated layer, maybe a bit of gaussian blur, and blend mode set to soft light or overlay. The second appears to have the same, plus a low opacity overlay of a yellow/orange color, as if a filter was used. Perhaps one was used on the lens.

The sky in these pics went through some radical noise removal.
The cars could have been processed with photoshop selective coloring.

In Photoshop, I selected all the red on the car with the magic wand
choose selective color from the "add new adjustment layer" icon at bottom of the layer pallete. Experiment with the other colors and their slider adjustments for even more drastic effects
47525482.jpg

It looks like maybe they might have changed the color balance, used the burn tool and maybe enhanced the contrast and sharpness

This effects are easily achieved by color correction with adjustment tools.
The top image is deffinitly manipulated by Hue/saturation.
What is done to the bottom image is just boost in the blue (yellow) channel.
Post you image and I will email you layered psd file.

Serge Zuev

2nd shot looks a lot like the methods I use to enhance a lot of my car shots - Sharpening, Contrast, Saturation. fairly simple when you look at it but if you play with the contrast and image brightness it can alter an image on a huge scale.

Im curious if you have the photographers permission to be hosting his images on your site. And if you do, why dont you just ask him how he did it? So that you can let everyone know.

It just looks like the use of curves to me. They gotrid of alot of blue in the second shot and red in the first shot I think.

Most reactions

Back