Photo Project NEED HELP ASAP

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I attend classes at LSU and have my first photo project. We use film. Anyway our first project is a secret. I have to take pictures of a secret someone else wrote down. My secret is "I'm afraid I won't become somebody."

My idea is to take a picture of the definition of fear and somebody in the dictionary. I also want to take pictures of dr stuff and art stuff but no person - like old dried up, dusty, etc. We're making 10 prints. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

So I attend classes at LSU and have my first photo project. We use film. Anyway our first project is a secret. I have to take pictures of a secret someone else wrote down. My secret is "I'm afraid I won't become somebody."

You already are somebody.

Really.

Someone training for an event in some way?

worried they wont make it, thinking they arent good enough to win.

Find old exercise clothes at good will that are really worn out. Maybe
scratch.gif

Photograph a homeless person? A burger flipper? Instead of a picture of the definitions in the dictionary, try to find scenes, places, people that represent lack of progress or success.

say a "hand" with pen writing a poem and at the end of the poem it'll be all scratch out? blur the poem, focus on the hand maybe.

Photograph a homeless person? A burger flipper? Instead of a picture of the definitions in the dictionary, try to find scenes, places, people that represent lack of progress or success.
I was going to say a homeless person would be a prime shot. The more of a drunk or druggie they are the better.

Thanks guys for the ideas! It's been really hectic down here since Gustav and I hadn't had a chance to reply. I have to have a roll with contact sheets done by Thurs so we'll see what happens! THanks again!

I kinda like the dictionary idea. I would find an old cool looking one though and don't make it too obvious of the definition you are trying to get. Maybe use some depth of field so only the definition you want is in sharp focus? I would just do one word though. Fear or somebody would work, maybe success too? I don't know. Now I've got all these ideas stuck in my head. . .time to pull out the camera!!

this reminded me of a picture I took of myself a few years ago, before I was serious about photography. I was just messing around, and it's not a technically great shot, but it seems like it could be an appropriate image.

I had this Soviet original poster of Karl Marx a friend had given me, and I photographed myself in silhouette with the poster lit in the background. Maybe a similar idea - a person in the shadows of someone great, or a group of great people - a statue, a poster, etc.

Just a thought.

n20803585_30304122_4358.jpg

Well part of any assignment is discussion! But thanks...
What I decided to do is come up with a series where I thought what makes a person a "someone"? I decided: job, house, car. success, money, faith, etc.

This is what I've come up with so far:
1. Pictures of the following definitions: afraid, fear, someone (i used DOF so it won't be obvious, but it will...and it's a huge old dictionary)
2. I took some pictures of photo books - meaning "will I make it there? will I become someone?
3. I also took some pictures of a list of photographer's names that were on a cover of a book...same thought - "will i ever be that someone that will make it into that class?"
4. I took a picture of a mercedes....but not the whole car, just bit and pieces...(will i have a car in the future? will i have enough money to have a nice car?
5. I also took a picture of a cross hanging from a mirror...will i have faith? will that faith make me someone...
6. I plan on taking pictures of a house - door knob, keys - dif angles -
7. And I may think of others as I go
8. And I think end with a bum with a sign that says - I'm still someone - just to be ironic.

This is all B/W Film which we process and print ourselves. I need 4-6 images so I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to want yet...we'll see what I get when I print them!!

Thanks again! And you weren't doing my homework for me...that would mean you were physically taking the pix and processing and mounting and letting me turn them in!

And I really haven't taken any ideas for the most part - a lot of people thought of a homeless person in my class - however, I was trying to stay away from that - but I think it would be cool if I put that twist on it.

THANKS AGAIN!!

God I'm going to love photography class if I ever decide to sign up at the University down the street from me.

Can you imagine me doing an assignment with a crappy old film camera, Pocket Wizards, and a ton of strobes? Everyone would probably be like WTF? How does that guy get that amazing light to follow him around where ever he goes?

photography classes can be a real fun way of learning new things. However, do not fall into convention and if a professor tells you something cannot be done or has to be done a certain way IGNORE THEM. Learn what works for you and your style, dont let them "train" you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back