Photo-terrorist.....

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...that's what i was called by this girl's father today, along with pedophile. :)

IMG_2509copy.jpg

C&C Welcome

Last edited:
If you are wielding anything but a compact. Your sure to be arrested under the terrorist pedophile photographers act.

I don't really think your in the place to be upset about this. I mean he doesn't know your not a pedophile and sadly we don't live in a world were every single random guy taking pictures of their young daughter walking down the street doesn't have strange a sick ideas abut it. I mean who knows maybe deep down inside of you psycologicaly there is something sick part about you that made you want to take a picture of a little girl you had never saw or met or in fact had any right to be taking a apicture of in the first place. I mean even as a photographer i would be rather upset if you were taking pictures of my little sister. It probably would of ended worst than me calling you a photo terrorist.

Hmmm would the response have been the same if it was a female taking the picture i wonder ?

I don't really think your in the place to be upset about this. I mean he doesn't know your not a pedophile and sadly we don't live in a world were every single random guy taking pictures of their young daughter walking down the street doesn't have strange a sick ideas abut it. I mean who knows maybe deep down inside of you psycologicaly there is something sick part about you that made you want to take a picture of a little girl you had never saw or met or in fact had any right to be taking a apicture of in the first place. I mean even as a photographer i would be rather upset if you were taking pictures of my little sister. It probably would of ended worst than me calling you a photo terrorist.

I never said I was upset, I've been called a lot worse by people I've photographed. If anything i was amused, i'd never heard photo-terrorist before and found it to be a funny phrase, that's all. In response to the "deep down inside of you psycologicaly there is something sick part about you that made you want to take a picture of a little girl you had never saw or met or in fact had any right to be taking a apicture of in the first place" comment.... I saw a pretty girl holding a doll and thought it was worth photographing. One thing I've learned from taking street shots is if you find something worth photographing DO IT don't hesitate, you may regret not taking the shot later. And legally I DO have the right, in Switzerland as long as you're in a public place (except for subway stations and a few others..) and the photos are not used for commericial purposes you can photograph anything and anyone. And if you call your shots "art" you can sell them commercially. If you don't want to have photos taken of you lock yourself in your home.

Hmmm would the response have been the same if it was a female taking the picture i wonder ?

Very good point, next time I should wear a dress and make-up :)

Great shot. Was worth it IMNSHO.

For the record, I'd prolly be a bit PO'd if some stranger was taking shots of my kids w/out asking first.

Some feel odd if someone takes their kid's photo without asking. Expect such reactions.

However, it is still a great street photography. IMHO

I love the shot. When that happens to me, I go up the the parent (or person if it wasn't a child) and tell them I'm a photography student (or photographer in your case) and thought it was a great moment to capture and that if they give me their email address, I'd be glad to send them a copy of the finished shot for them to keep (I'll eventually make business cards with my email on there to hand out so they can write to me and I respond with the image). I used to ask before shooting but 1) asking them makes them think that they have the right to say no (ha!) 2) once they know they're going to be photographed, they either smile, tense up, or hide their face if they said no.

I think the insult was worth it, though. Great result! :thumbup:

I love PJ work and I love taking pictures of the innocent children and many times they are the victim of there own environment.

I have found....and I always wear my press credentials around my neck when I go out to shoot these types of shots.... It is amazing how different the police, and parents treat you when the see PRESS on a card hanging from your neck!

Nice shot BTW.

Cheers, Joe

Great shot. Was worth it IMNSHO.

For the record, I'd prolly be a bit PO'd if some stranger was taking shots of my kids w/out asking first.

Thanks About ATVs, I agree I too would be annoyed and probably would have gone farrther than he did.

Some feel odd if someone takes their kid's photo without asking. Expect such reactions.

However, it is still a great street photography. IMHO

Thanks bell. I expect nothing less, I've had guys cuss me out, swing at me and even ended up at a police station for 3 hours once dealing with a similar story. That's where I actually learned that what I was doing wasn't illegal.

I love the shot. When that happens to me, I go up the the parent (or person if it wasn't a child) and tell them I'm a photography student (or photographer in your case) and thought it was a great moment to capture and that if they give me their email address, I'd be glad to send them a copy of the finished shot for them to keep (I'll eventually make business cards with my email on there to hand out so they can write to me and I respond with the image). I used to ask before shooting but 1) asking them makes them think that they have the right to say no (ha!) 2) once they know they're going to be photographed, they either smile, tense up, or hide their face if they said no.

I think the insult was worth it, though. Great result! :thumbup:

You are correct sir! Asking in advance hardly ever works I find the direct, stick your lens in a stranger's face, approach much more effective.

I love PJ work and I love taking pictures of the innocent children and many times they are the victim of there own environment.

I have found....and I always wear my press credentials around my neck when I go out to shoot these types of shots.... It is amazing how different the police, and parents treat you when the see PRESS on a card hanging from your neck!

Nice shot BTW.

Cheers, Joe

Thats exactly what I did. I calmly told him that I'm no sexual deviant, merely a photograher trying to capture his daughter's innocense. I sent him the photo on his e-mail and I got a reply straight away saying he loved it and was sorry for his reaction earlier in the day. I just wish I did have some credentials to hang around my neck...Thanks for the comment Joe

idk if id be mad if i was him

depends probly on what you looked like :p

but if you spent the money on an slr you probly didnt buy it specifically to be a pervert...

amazing shot!

well worth it!

idk if id be mad if i was him

depends probly on what you looked like :p

but if you spent the money on an slr you probly didnt buy it specifically to be a pervert...

amazing shot!

well worth it!

Thanks v dubber! This is what I look like in case you're wondering:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/179532-back-normal-life.html

Just picture me without the war paint and the gear....I don't walk around with my rifle either and I certainly don't look like a pedo (at least I don't think so). When I think of a pedo I usually picture somebody a bit like this:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/black-white-gallery/181633-crop-not-crop.html

:lmao:

Last edited:
Great shot!

I too advise making up some business cards to hand out in such situations, being as friendly and open and honest as you can. Even if you give them a copy of the shot in question, it can lead to sales, word of mouth contacts from their friends, relatives and business acquaintances, and more sales.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back