Photoforum pinup girl calendar

Osmer_Toby said:
:lol: :lol:
im st pattified and very drubnk
the only thing prettier than a pretty girl is a pretty pretty drunk girl...

Y'all will never catch me drunk. Not a big fan of drinking. Don't mind other people drinking but I do mind people getting plastered. Just one of my many :soapbox: but I will just stop here.....

ill be the first to tell you, it never changed...im still thoroughly in love with that girl..

md

I still think your awesome Manda. Actually, your screen name is really funny to me. At work we have lots of computers bought from the lowest bidder which is why they need so many of us techs to fix them at the School District. :roll: Well, they all get names. One year they bought Dell, another year they bought Premio, there are AOpens and what we call Mandas. You see... the company is M and A computers but we just call them all mandas... and for the most part... we don't like M and A. :? So when I saw your name :shock: I felt bad for you. :p But as it turns out you are very cool despite your screen name. :wink: How did you come up with it?

I usually don't like to be confrontational and I don't mean to be rude, but I can no longer keep biting my tongue...

Don't feel better. What you said was incredibly rude. You don't tell people that you feel sorry for them because of their name. You don't go off on your anti-drinking soapbox right after someone posted that they are drunk, as though you are somehow morally superior, and then turn around and say you think they're awesome anyway. Maybe you meant some of your comments as a joke, but it takes TIME to get to know people so that they can understand when someone is joking and when someone isn't. It's a danger of online communication, because tone is very hard to read. Despite your post count, you still have only been here a week, which is certainly not long enough for us to know you, nor you us. You didn't even know that Manda is her name, why would you presume to know how she would take to being told you feel sorry for her about it? Try thinking before you post.

karissa said:
You see... the company is M and A computers but we just call them all mandas... and for the most part... we don't like M and A. :? So when I saw your name :shock: I felt bad for you. :p But as it turns out you are very cool despite your screen name. :wink: How did you come up with it?

How can this not be perceived as a joke? Making reference to comparing someones name to a computer brand...no one is going to seriously think bad about a person's name because it matches an inside joke about a crappy computer. Beyond that, I think the :p and ;) emoticons were inserted specifically for the purpose of demonstrating that it was all a joke and meant absolutely no harm at all.

Looking at the kinds of posts that exist in the Off-Topic area, I believe anyone would expect to be able to jump in and start joking along with the group...and many have.

Chase said:
Looking at the kinds of posts that exist in the Off-Topic area, I believe anyone would expect to be able to jump in and start joking along with the group...and many have.
I think that is the beauty of this forum. People that come here feel right at home from the start. There is no set period of time before you can joke around with the members on this forum.

Just my .02

Gah. I saw it as a joke myself, but I also cringed because I was afraid that someone else wouldn't. I also didn't think that the drinking thing was an attack on anyone's morals, but I was afraid how that would come across.

I guess my point is, Internet communication can suck. A simple phrase can be taken all sorts of ways. I've been taking part in this kind of communication since before Karissa was born, and I still screw up. I've found the best thing to ask myself is, "Is there a way I can take what they said that isn't nasty?" and then aske them to clarify what they said.
Not that it's easy or that I don't go off on people myself on occassion. Recognizing that you've posting an accident waiting to happen isn't easy, either.

markc said:
Gah. I saw it as a joke myself, but I also cringed because I was afraid that someone else wouldn't. I also didn't think that the drinking thing was an attack on anyone's morals, but I was afraid how that would come across.

I guess my point is, Internet communication can suck. A simple phrase can be taken all sorts of ways. I've been taking part in this kind of communication since before Karissa was born, and I still screw up. I've found the best thing to ask myself is, "Is there a way I can take what they said that isn't nasty?" and then aske them to clarify what they said.
Not that it's easy or that I don't go off on people myself on occassion. Recognizing that you've posting an accident waiting to happen isn't easy, either.

Very well put and I completely agree with your thoughts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back