Photographer Inspirations

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey y'all! I was just wondering if y'all have had a specific photographer whose work you loved and tried to duplicate in your own way?! If so, who was it, why did you like it, and how did you try to duplicate their work?

Thanks!

I don't think that there is one photog that I look at or emulate. I do, however, look at a lot of photos and think about what I like about them or why I like them. And am frequently inspired by them.

I just like, no any causation

Several influences- don't look at their work too much, just every once in awhile. Like to think of their work while I do my own thing. Also think of literature I've read and the things I've written and I've said.

I get inspiration from many photographers but I always shoot in my own style (although I am not sure where I am heading) I just try out anything and see where it takes me.

I get inspiration from many photographers but I always shoot in my own style (although I am not sure where I am heading) I just try out anything and see where it takes me.

very similar to this - there are many photographers out there who I aspire to reach the same level as though not exactly the same style as. At the moment I don't think I have a really defined style to my photography yet since I am still very much learning the ropes and what is and is not possible with both the camera and the editing software -

I couldn't have put it better myself Cherry. I guess we are all influenced to some extent by the imagery we are exposed to on a daily basis, but I would say I appreciate the imagery more than the photographer.

David LaChapelle, Mark Zibert, Martin Schoeller, Julia Fullerton-Batten, the list could go on and on.

I don't try and duplicate their work (I couldn’t even if I tried) though I get inspired by it.

Like others here I have many inspirations. I don't try to duplicate their work either but I have been known to try my own renditions of something (a small corner or piece) I seen in their work.

Dorothea Lange is probably one of my favorites simply because she was kind of an against all odds photographer and her photographs are very moving (IMO anyway).

the two biggest...

Joel-Peter Witkins

and

Troy Paiva

I haven't tried to duplicate his work but I'm currently inspired by Elliot Erwitt.

I want to be myself, and shoot how I see things. There is only one photographer that I have ever gone...."Wow"..I really dig his work. Stephane Lord. :thumbup::thumbup: , but I want my images to be my vision.

Jacques- Hernri Lartigue, Garry Winogrand, Robert Franks, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Frank Capa

Some great photographers there made me think of 2 more greats. Robert & Cornell Capa. Do you know if Frank Capa is a brother to Robert & Cornell?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back