Photography Name?

RK.D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there!

I am an amateur and enthusiastic photographer . I am planning to start up a page on facebook. Am just looking for a name. Can anyone suggest me a creative name?

I would go with the usual FIRSTNAME-LASTNAME Photography thing. But that's really dull.

What's your opinion and kindly share a good name if possible.

I'm new here and if this isn't allowed, Please let me know

Thanks!

Creative Photography

"Creative Photography, by [your name]"

Isn't a name kind of a personal thing? How can we, random people that have no clue about you with your whole one post, suggest a name that 'fits' you?

Bitter Jeweler said:
Creative Photography

But that doesn't rhyme...

Why not just post your photos on your personal FB page? If you're an amateur and not going into business then why do you want to market a business-like image?

Bitter Jeweler said:
Creative Photography

Why not just post your photos on your personal FB page? If you're an amateur and not going into business then why do you want to market a business-like image?
The prehistoric feline makes a good point. If you want a separate page for it, make a page. "Joe Johnson's Photos"

Bitter Jeweler said:
Creative Photography

I can certainly see the benefit of keeping clients and potential clients from seeing the random crap that we all post to Facebook... Having a separate place for them makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is assuming that complete strangers will have any clue about how you should brand yourself.

While thinking about a name, think about how it will work for a logo too.

O|||||||O said:
I can certainly see the benefit of keeping clients and potential clients from seeing the random crap that we all post to Facebook... Having a separate place for them makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is assuming that complete strangers will have any clue about how you should brand yourself.

But that's what I don't understand. If you're an amateur without all of the business fixin's then why would you want to build clients?

I say that you should just set it up as a personal page without some cliched name. That way you can choose to go into business in the future if you wish, or it can just be a page to showcase your hobby. Everybody wins...

Thank you for the constructive comments (Apart from jokes ofcourse!).

To get a basic idea, my name is Raj Kumar D and I would go ahead and name it RKD Photography, But am looking for something different rather than using my name in order to market my photos.

I am worried about legal issues if I use a name (if someone has the same name). Anyone has experience in this kind of stuff?

I just do it by hobby that's all , Not really a type of guy who makes his living on photography,so just a creative name would be great!

I am worried about legal issues if I use a name (if someone has the same name). Anyone has experience in this kind of stuff?

Legally, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you use your name, there's always the chance that somebody else has the same name... It's been a while since I've really read up on it, but from what I can remember, you can't stop someone else from using their own name. So, while there may be somebody else out there with the same name as you (hopefully geographically separated from you) that shouldn't stop you from naming your business (or whatever it will be) after yourself.

But, you know, everybody uses their name, so it's kind of boring... I would try to think of something else if you can.

If you're contemplating eventually 'going pro', pick a name you can secure the domain for.

Most reactions

Back