Photomural?

berkeleygabe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I'm new to this forum and have a question.

I'm looking for software to make what I call a photo mural, but apparently that isn't it's name. I'm sure you're all familiar with what I'm trying to do. Basically choose one photograph, and put tens or even hundreds of images together to look just like it, to form the original Image.

Here is an example:
time.jpg

Does anybody know of any software that does that?

I hope I wasn't too vague, but I might have been.

Thanks

Photoshop is king. (Although Adobe Illustrator will do this too).

Many programs will allow you to create montages.

Any version of Photoshop will do this. You open an image and just add text over it in a separate layer. To change the look of the image, there's many built in filters that will allow you to play around to achieve a look you like.

Photoshop is a serious program and takes a lot of time to learn but starting with this type of image will teach you a lot.

No specific tool......

The above image is a white canvas with a smaller image on a layer above a white background. Above that will be a layer or layers editing the image to look as it does. Then above that are 4 layers of text (one layer per line of text)

I could do this in very early versions of Photoshop.

Regards
Jim

no, i know how i could do it manually, but the whole point of a picture like that is to recreate a large photograph with a lot of smaller ones based on their color. that would take hours and hours to do manually.

That would take hours and hours but not everything can just be done with a button. It loses it "coolness" when it is so easy to do because everyone does it then, just like selective coloring.

so you're telling me the guy who made that cover sat there for hours and put in each photograph individually based on its color?
i really don't think so. maybe i'm wrong, but i really don't think so.

I'm sure there is software to do this...[FONT=&quot]theoretically[/FONT] I could even write it myself (but I have no time right now), so if a putz like me could do it, I'm sure that several companies have done it.

UPDATE: The words you want to search for are "photo" and "mosaic"...here is a link to software called Easy Mosaic that should do the job:

http://www.ezmosaic.com/

I'm *sure* there are many many many other software tools and plug-ins that will do the same thing. I've never used any of them, so I don't know how well any of them work. When you find one that works well for you, let us know, OK?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back