Photoshop Question

dreena76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have Photoshop CS3 and I am in the process of working on some images. I have an image where my flash has reflected off my subject's glasses. Is there a way in PS to correct this?

Thanks

if you have a similar shot without the reflection try cutting out pasting and blending to solve the problem, spectacles reflecting are always a problem, when shooting try tilting the glasses slightly forward/shoot from a different angle or ask the sitter if they could bring along an older pair with the lenses removed.

All pros will have had problems with this in the past and each will have their own solutions, this is what I do for an individuals portrait, its a nightmare when you get a family sitting and several of them have specs. H

Flash Harry is correct. Reflections are very difficult to touchup. I tried using the healing brush which works like the clone tool. First I copy the original into a new layer then I zoom in as close as possible to the eye I want to touch up. You select an area you want to copy by holding down the alt key and clicking on the area you want to clone. Then paint over the reflection with the healing brush.
Here's a sample. I just touched up the lady in the black top. The first pic is the original, then I zoomed in. The last pic is the
touched up version.

100_0151original.jpg

100_0151touchup.jpg

100_0151copy.jpg

As the others, correcting this after the fact is difficult. Clone and healing brush tools can help, but then you need to go in with the burn &/or sponge tools to add in the highlights and shadows which can be time consuming. If you can re-shoot the subjet that's your easiest bet. A tip I learned from a pro photographer is to tip the glasses at the ears at around 30 degrees. It doesn't alter the look of the glasses on the subject yet takes the reflections you get off the lens.

dreena76,
Here's my attempt to improve the photo. I hope it comes close to what you were looking for.

dreena76.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back