Pics that no one else likes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A thread dedicated to pics that you love but other people dont understand why.

This is one of my all time favourite pics. Its a bit noisy, not straight, bit bare but it is bigger than the sum of it's parts, at least to me anyway.
Dscf3951dt2.jpg

Post up a pic that you think is good for whatever reason. It might be the first time or last time for something or a new processing technique or pure blind luck.

I'll bite...

Music while you wait by FourB Photography, on Flickr

I took this years ago at the Original Starbucks location. It never seemed to get much positive feedback.

I like it because there is so much going on: the old sign, the man playing and begging and being ignored, people lined up out the door just for coffee.

There you go......

Any more?

A thread dedicated to pics that you love but other people dont understand why.

I've got news for you - I think that's a really good image. I'd probably get it 100% on the screen and do my best to move the gulls over a bit. But other than that it's a very good shot, in my opinion. I can see why you like it.

I like this thread, but I think there's a similar one? If not, I love the idea.

Anyways, I love this photo, but it's a tad out of focus (at least full-size) due to slow shutter and camera movement.

Roxy Bed Vintage - small.jpg

Canon XSi, 50 mm, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/10 sec

I've got news for you - I think that's a really good image. I'd probably get it 100% on the screen and do my best to move the gulls over a bit. But other than that it's a very good shot, in my opinion. I can see why you like it.
Thanks but I like the birds just where they are.
Never had anyone say they like this one:
I like it.

When looking at my Flickr feed, it's hard to say what people like or don't like after the first page or two. When I finished my 365 project, I dumped a bunch of pictures - there's 1,000+ now, so I get why people don't see a lot of the shots on the last pages. This one on the second to last page got only 16 views and no likes, so do people not like it or have they just not seen it? Who knows. I know 16 people didn't like it well enough to click a button ;) (It's a rare digital shot from me):

Day 13 - Gulls at river
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

And this one is on the first or second page, had 172 views and no likes. And I understand why, I really do. I can't explain why I like it so much, but I do. Maybe because it looks just as cold as it felt the day that I took it. (For the record, it came out this way not because I suck that bad, but because of a sticky shutter :p )

Blown out trees resized
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

I really like the first one Leonore. I'm torn on the second one. It almost has a glass plate look. Not sure about that one.

On a side note, I'm just a little ticked off at you and Sparky this morning. I'm heading down to Southern Maryland to the St Michaels Maritime Museum today. I missed a few shots when I was there a couple weeks ago, and I'm going back. But, anyway, sitting next to the chair is my Rollei, loaded and ready to go. This morning I changed my mind and decided to leave it home and only take the Nikon. THEN....Sparky has to come up with that darn first print of his and you with your Gulls. Darn it...you just can't duplicate film! Rollei is heading to the car. Stay tuned :1398:

Sorry!

(Okay, not really :D) Have fun with the Rollei!

Should be interesting as I've never used it. All I can say is the shutter goes clunk

Coming down my way, Rick!

I like the second one, Leonore.
I don't really have any that I like and others don't - I do have a couple that other like and I think are dumpster worthy.

I guess this would be one. I like it (not love) but I don't seem to get any comments. I should crop out the greenery at the bottom, but I doubt it will matter to others.

8361886796_f6714f7d6e_z.jpg

Casselman River Bridge, Grantsville, MD,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back