pictures are not in focus --d90 :-(

lucas123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello i have been using my d90 now for a couple months and can seem to get a good focused picture all seem to be out of focus??? even in auto?? no mater what i do i cant seem to get it 1 out of 20 might be in focus? i can get a better pic with my d40 which is very upsetting ? can someone please help me ?
thanks

Can you post some pictures so we can get an idea of what your talking about? If we can see an example we might be able to help you.

nope both are vr and both seem to do the same thing ? very disappointing i am sure its just a simple setting maybe but find it odd that auto is doing it too? I hope someone can help me :-(

Posting an example shot along with the EXIF data would get much better help for you.

Without actual examples, its near impossible to see what is going on.

Too shallow dof, wrong focus point, camera shake, slow shutter,...

sorry about that i will get a couple up as soon as i get home thanks , i didnt think anything can go wrong in auto tho ?

Plenty can go wrong when using auto. If you give us a couple of samples that have the EXIF data, we can give you some pointers on how to improve your images.

Were you using auto focus point? Like let the camera determine which point to focus.

Last edited:
There is that little dial you initially adjust to your eye/vision when you first get your camera. Did you do that?

yes i did dile that in and was wondering if that was it ? but didnt think so much in auto??

Auto focus can be tricky. From what I've read, it all depends on where you're shooting and what you're shooting. Different conditions and object have different results.

Your VR lens should inhibit "shake" or motion blur from shaky hands. Have you tried using a Tripod to see if that makes a difference? Also, what was your shutter speed when taking the pics? Did a faster shutter make a difference at all?

There is that little dial you initially adjust to your eye/vision when you first get your camera.

Really? Is it on D90's only? Or other Nikons?

Most reactions

Back