Pictures for C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Daver123, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Daver123

Daver123 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate any and all C&C on these photos to help me improve, thanks so much. All taken with Nikon D300 and either 18-55 Nikkor or 70-300 Nikkor.

Dave

f9
    1/320 sec
    ISO400
    140mm
    [​IMG]

f8
    1/8 sec
    ISO200
    32MM
    [​IMG]

f9
    1/2 sec
    ISO200
    55mm
    [​IMG]

f22
    1/6 sec
    ISO200
    24mm
    [​IMG]

2. Tommy_Boy

Tommy_Boy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi Daver123,

#1 i like the atmosphere in this one, it's sort sor of Sleepy Hollow-ish.

#2 is just absolutely amazing, I just love the colors, and that mist just adds more character.

#3 is also great, the colors are more delicate than #2, I like the tree in the middle, the one that has more color.

#4 this one I like the least[ although it still is a good pic ], 'cause it looses the vibe the other pics have. And IMHO the path of light just above the horizon is too bright.

Great pictures, post some more:)

Cheers,
    Tommy_Boy

3. nicolek

nicolek TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm just starting out so don't take anything I say too critically.... I love the colors in #2 & #3. those are my favorites. I think the sky is too white in the other 2, and you have the horizon right in the center of each picture and I don't like that. Otherwise I think they're good.

4. Daver123

Daver123 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for your comments, Tommy_Boy and nicolek, the more constructive criticism the better!

Photos 2 and 3 were both taken in the same area, and when I arrived there someone else was just leaving because the colours weren't as nice as they had been 10 minutes before. They looked pretty nice to me!

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Did you intentionally pull all the color out of #1? Got a full color version?

#2 - Has potential, I like the colors, I just think the composition is a little off. Perhaps it can be taken from a different spot.

#3 - this would be nicer if the immediate foreground wasn't filled with distracting plants.

#4 is kinda meh, I like the reflection but the composition just isn't appealing to me. The entire picture looks soft focus wise.