Pictures of my wife's new haircut...c&c please

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife decided to get her hair cut so we had to take pics and send them to our family. I thought that they came out pretty good, what do you think?
DSC_0001_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0002_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0007_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0009_edited-1.jpg

what do you think?

I think you are a lucky man being married to such a beautiful young woman!

And I think the photos are pretty good too. # 2 is definitely a winner.

Nice work! You've got the lighting really even and smooth. The last looks a bit soft on the focus but they're definitely a good set. One other thing and it's not major, but the gutter piping (?) in the background of the first two could be considered distracting, but it's really a small thing. Great shots though.

LOL!! Man, that was a funny thread title and I opened it with care!! A thread with a name like that can wrong in a lot of ways fast! LOL!

But alas, that's not the case here at all. Beautiful model, great haircut, and fine photos! Number 3's my favorite.

I like #2, though they're all pretty good. As someone mentioned, it might be worth trying to clone out the rain gutter in the background though.

Thank you everyone, I will pass on the compliments to her.
I didn't notice the gutter pipes I'll have to take those out.

Wow! My favorite is number 3 because the background does not really show the building/house and the background is not distracting at all. She is in a good spot and her hair is smooth.

Wow!!!!! Jeez... I wish I could get results like these. Man, these are just great, all around, period. Could you possibly list out your equipment and settings used for these if not too much trouble?

By the way, if you can take shots like these consistantly, you should be photographing for a living if you're not doing so already :)

Thanks for posting man, really good pictures.

Thanks, I was trying my best to cover up the building in the background. I thought that with a fairly shallow DOF it would help, but apparently not enough.

Thanks paulpippin for the great compliments, I used my nikon D40 along with my new 50mm 1.4 lens for these pics.
Here's the EXIF data
#1 Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm...
Exposure Time: 0.0100 s (1/100)
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO Equiv.: 400

#2 Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm...
Exposure Time: 0.0100 s (1/100)
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO Equiv.: 400

#3 Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm...
Exposure Time: 0.0016 s (1/640)
Aperture: f/1.4
ISO Equiv.: 200

#4 Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm...
Exposure Time: 0.0016 s (1/640)
Aperture: f/1.4
ISO Equiv.: 200

I'm still pretty new at photography, I just started really getting into it this past year. I read as much as I can and I frequent on here as often as possible picking up tips and tricks so that I'll hopefully can keep pumping them out. Again thank you very much for the great compliments!

Jeez..... I wish I could go as large as 1.4!!!! <-- I crave that sort of aperture :)

Ah, one day, I shall be able to afford a nicer lense. I'm a Canon guy, XSI to be exact, using the kit lense until further notice :(

Anyway, I do appreciate the specs there, really do, and you're very welcome for the compliments, as they were both well earned, and deserved.

Looking forward to your next batch of images my friend, take care :)

I and my wife will go for the pic # 1. But if you combine after and before pic it would be a great idea..

Great pics and a beautiful wife.

The two at f/1.4 are a little soft in the eyes (well, one eye anyway). The f/5 pics look better IMHO.

Your wife is pretty and sure has a great smile. I think the best photo in this set would be Photo #1 if only the headroom is not the big and the gutter pipe is taken out. Overall, you have a great set in there.

I like #2 the best. The eyes were captured great and her skin tone looks slightly warmer in that photo. I agree about the background being slightly distracting as others have said. Good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back