Portrait shooting / Single Subject

DynastyIce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I taken pictures of my dog and sent the pictures to the owner who gave me the dog. She commented

"Great pictures, thanks! Wow that's a big-boy camera...I use a Nikon D200 at work ... I think he has it on a setting that focuses on the middle of the frame and the rest is out of focus...I can help him with that.

I am using a Canon 40d with the 50mm f1.8 II . As I read on different websites/forums. When taking portrait shots, it is better to have the focus on the subject and have the depth of field of the background blur to give the subject attention.

Did I take an OK picture? Or do I really need suggestion because I am using a "big-boy" Camera?

3508616376_c228e79129.jpg

3507803419_194127de5b.jpg

Which is more pleasing? The pictures that are taken. Or is she right that the whole picture should be in focus?

Any other critiques are welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
Nice. I think you did a good job. I dont see why anything but the subject should be in focus in this kind of shot.

huh???? :raisedbrow: are you serious?! wow! look man if your intent was to blur the background then that was your intent, as for DOF while shooting a subject I believe you did the right thing and presented the subject. honest critique the first might be slightly over exposed, nothing that a little post editing cant fix. but overall good shots

Most reactions

Back