No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pigsdofly-1.jpg

With apologies to Cambridgeshire Constabulary​

"PIGS" . . . .A term used by certain classes for the guardians of our society

Youth-Club-visit.jpg

A super afternoon when we took a group from the Village Youth Club. They were able to see the Police and Air Ambulance machines at RAF Wyton, and so well treated by the video operator who showed them the control room and footage they had taken as well as the paramedic who let them into her machine. It is nice that they took so much trouble with the kids.

What a fun day the kids must have had!

The shot of the helicopter mid-air is lovely - great sense of movement in the rotors, and great clouds as the backdrop

yes a bit of good humor,and since I got a ticket tonight I have no problem with calling them pigs lol.
one thing I notice is this heli has no tail rotor. didnt know there was such a thing.

y
one thing I notice is this heli has no tail rotor. didnt know there was such a thing.

The twin tail fins are computer controlled and there are ducts either side rather like a mini Harrier. Having no tail rotor maked the machine much quieter and they can back it up with safety to trees or a building as the often operate in tight built-up areas. The pilots usually are ex-military as in this case. The old chap learnt a lot as well as the kids!

I wondered if they were jet powered..
Thanks for the reply I learned something new today.:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back