Pix With My New Lens

clarbin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got a new lens this week and been shootin' up the back yard.

I may not win any awards, but I sure am having a good time!

dsc_3429a.jpg

bud1b.jpg

dsc_3426a.jpg

dsc_2902a.jpg

clus1a.jpg

hs1a.jpg

"Having a good time" is what counts most, I think, and having pretty flowers in the garden helps a lot in order to test out the qualities of a new lens, too. When the weather cooperates, you can be sure to be getting pretty photos! Plants don't pull faces, don't get impatient, don't move ... they are kind models. Very kind models!

The lens is nicely sharp, as can be seen in 1! Well focused on the stamen and pollen.

My favourite of all these flower photos is the third.
Very simple, very focused, no distracting elements in the background --- I'd have cropped in a little from above, I feel not so much headroom is needed as is being given, but well...

My favourite of all these flower photos is the third.
Very simple, very focused, no distracting elements in the background --- I'd have cropped in a little from above, I feel not so much headroom is needed as is being given, but well...

Thanks for the comments.

Would this be more in line with how you would crop it?

dsc_3426b.jpg

nice looking pictures, however seems all subjects are centered, it is ideal to use the "golden mean" or rule of thirds with most photography..if you filled the frame with JUST a flower, then centered is actually ok.

Picture 1 looks a bit over-exposed, but the rest truly look nice! Just a little composition (or cropping) will really make them more pleasing to look at...

Would this be more in line with how you would crop it?

Yes, I think it is.
And when the sun shines through the petals (and it does in some way in this photos), then flowers in the sun look good. I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back