Planning the hit/someone is hiding..

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_6933_lo.jpg

Shot this yesterday for a brand new band.. Don't think they have a name yet. Someone is hiding in the background..

Oh and btw, I have a new website!
www.martinwiklund.com

:cheer:

I particularly love the styling in this one. Are shots like these a collaboration between you and the band? If you have a moment I would be interested in hearing how this process goes down.

Love & Bass

I would have put a liquid that looked like whiskey in those glasses and why the calendar? you should have had some old looking snap shots in their hands like they were really researching who to take out...still pretty decent photo.

right on man
Alriiight :)

I think its unbelievable you are doing this at only 19!
Hehe well I don't think age matters so much. It's all about being a fast learner! I used Photoshop years before I started shooting so I already had that I guess :)

I particularly love the styling in this one. Are shots like these a collaboration between you and the band? If you have a moment I would be interested in hearing how this process goes down.

Love & Bass
This idea was the bands'. They had pretty much fixed the room with all the stuff in it when I arrived. I made the necessary changes and started shooting. The processing is pretty cool as I had to paint out all the light myself. I shot it with only one flash (+ octabox) to get some light without any harsh shadows and then in Photoshop I made it look like the lamps and tv were lit and casting light.

Great shot. Great processing.
Thanks!

I would have put a liquid that looked like whiskey in those glasses and why the calendar? you should have had some old looking snap shots in their hands like they were really researching who to take out...still pretty decent photo.
Yes that could have been an idea, we didn't have access to a lot stuff though (especially not real whiskey haha). But maybe I can do something about that in Photoshop as I have delivered it yet. And the calendar is probably because they are musicians, not murderers ;)

what program do you use to pp? i'm really loving some of your work, and your processing skills are awesome.

I love the capture and the pp.

There are some odd things, like the calendar & the weird mix between an antique radio and a modern telephone.

Also, tell me where they get their hair cut - I'll avoid it....haha.

I really like it...except the calendar...it looks like they are charting their fertile days :D sorry couldn't help it

I think your work is amazing.. The only thing I don't like is that you have smoke without a cigarette anywhere in view....

Thanks. :) They insisted on having the calendar visible, it wasn't my idea but I went with it. The smoke is just there for some extra feeling! ;)

Dude, 19!?! Yeah, age doesn't matter, but if you're at this level at 19 I can't imagine where you'll be in a decade! Very impressive and your website ROCKS!!! Keep it up! :wink:

Reminds me a lot of Dave Hill's work.

Just a few areas of critique.

On the foremost member, his hand holding the calendar:
- Whilst it might be technically correct (being that his arm is in the shadow of the calendar), the light on his arm is too dark. It is like his arm vanishes (you can ONLY JUST see it if you squint your eyes). I think the lighting on his arm should be raised to match the breast of his suit.

On the foremost member, his left cheek:
- Way too dark. The lighting here appears unnatural and moreso like you have added or darkened the light yourself digitally (which is what you have stated, however what I mean is that it is obvious).

On the lighting:
- Overall the scene looks very smokey (which suits the style), however there is no source for the smoke. Where is it coming from? It's like they've all been smoking cigar's or such, but there are no cigar's or smoke sources to be found.
- The lighting over the tabletop is a bit patchy (due to creating the smokey look).

On adding alcahol or liquor to the glasses:
- Copy the top of the water in the tall glass and overlay it on new layers onto both the smaller glasses, masking out the parts to make it look like the water is in the square glasses as opposed to the circular.
- Photograph some liquor or download some photo's of scotch off the internet and eyedrop the colour from the alcahol to ensure an authentic look.
- Then just simply create a new layer, lassoo the inner dimensions of the glasses up to the new water reflections you've just added in, fill with the eyedropped colour and adjust the layer properties until you have the liquid sitting nicely in the glass.

A bit picky, but hopefully helpful.

Great work, and good luck in the future!

I like your post processing, creative.

Could the guy in the front have any more makeup on? It pains me to see what has happened to music. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back