Please pray

Corry, I am truely sorry to hear of your grandmothers plight. I will be sending her the white light of positive energy.

I'm about to leave to go visit her now....not looking forward to it...I'm scared to death to see her in this condition. Especially after getting the latest update this morning....apparently she is now refusing to eat or take any meds, and they think she is 'giving up'.

I had a pretty hard time at first, and had to excuse myself to 'use the bathroom' after only a few minutes....actually went to bawl my eyes out.

She is doing better than what they told me she was doing this morning. My aunt apparently showed up after they called and told her that she wouldn't take meds or eat, and she got gramma to eat just a little, and take her meds. And what I find to be unbelievable....they had her sitting up in a chair earlier in the day!

I was there for around 4 hours in all...she was in and out that whole time....due to the meds, she wasn't always able to make sense....I had to say probably the hardest words I've ever had to say to anyone, to her....

...she asked me where Grampa was, and if he'd been in to visit. ...Grampa passed away 7 1/2 years ago. Do you know how hard it was for me to say "Gramma, Grampa isn't with us anymore"? She asked that a few times.

When it came time for dinner, I actually got her to eat quite a bit...mostly, she liked the strawberry ice cream they brought her! Strawberry ice cream is her favorite!

I'm feeling better that I got to see her, and hold her hand, and talk to her...even if she probably will barely remember I was there, if at all. The swelling in her other shoulder went down quite a bit, so most likely, the surgery will go as planned on Friday.

Oh, and I also didn't know before, but on top of everything else, she has 3 broken ribs. Apparently, Gramma didn't tell anyone in the family that she has advanced osteoperosis.

What's that saying? When it rains it pours?

Yeah, that's what it's doing.

My gramma's other surgery was scheduled for about 3:30 today. My mom and all of her brothers and sisters (Gramma had 7 kids) were there at the hospital so they could be there before, during, and after....well, I still haven't gotten an update on how gramma is doing, because my mom hasn't had a chance to find out. When gramma was going into surgery, my mom was admitting my uncle chip to the Emergency Room.

He has a history of problems with horrible cluster headaches (whatever those are). They've run all sorts of tests on him and never found a cause. Just before gramma went in for surgery, one came on really badly....he started throwing up, then it got to teh point where he couldn't move or talk. Last my mom knew they were going to try and numb some nerve that is aroudn the area where his headaches always originate (the side of his nose, oddly enough).

Hopefully before long I'll have an update on both him and my gramma.

Sometimes progress in measured in millimeters. Glad to hear she's doing better.

With regard to your uncle, I had a close friend who suffered from cluster headaches. Although Western medicine has it's benefits, you may want to investigate some alternative approaches. Accupuncture, Reflexology and Reiki just to name a few.

I continue to send the white light of positive healing energy to your family.

It's good to know that she's doing better! :)

Spent about 4 hours with my gramma today...she's getting better bit by bit.

My uncle got out of the hospital that same night.

Now tonight, my mother was admitted to the hosptial. Don't know what is going on, just that she was having bad stomach pains of some sort. I'm nto letting myself freak out until I know what is going on. All I know so far is what my little brother has told me....which is the stomach pains, and that I think they are keeping her overnight. Sooooo, I think my family is cursed. Thanks for all the prayers you've all given my family so far...if you still have any to spare, we could still use them.

Our payers are with you still Corry, we hope it is something minor and your mother is released very soon. It seems bad luck comes in waves. Wish you and your family all the best.
John & Cathy

Thanks guys. I'm getting rather aggravated, because not a single person has called me to let me know what is going on. The only information I've gotten at all has been from me calling and talking to my 15 year old brother last night... at which point I was promised a call back....and just now, because NO ONE had called me, I started calling around trying to get SOMEONE to talk to me, and finally got a hold of my jerk stepfather (sorry, 'nother vent there) who didn't tell me anything more than "I don't know".

So, she's still in the hospital, I still don't know exactly what her pains were in the first place, and the doctor supposedly hasn't been in to tell her was the diagnoses is.

Most reactions

Back