POLL: Lug around camera bag everywhere? Yes or No?

Do you bring your camera everywhere you go just in case?

• Keep my camera bag with me at all times.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Only bring my camera bag when I'm specifically going out to shoot.

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters
Camera bag only comes out with me when I'm specifically going out to shoot. I'll often have a camera close at hand, however. I've got several very portable cameras that are easy to throw into a purse and pull out if I feel the urge to take some pictures. The Rollei 35 is perfect for this, for example. Small, even has a collapsible lens that makes it easier to fit into a pocket or purse. Though it's surprisingly heavy considering how little it is :)

I'm just curious...what is there to disagree with in this post?
View attachment 100314
my guess is that sashbar meant to heat "agree" as in, "that's what I do too," but hit the button next to it (disagree) on an ipod or mobile phone.

I wish I could take my camera with me at all times. There has been a number of times where I had an opportunity for a good shot but didn't have my camera. Sometimes it just isn't feasible to carry with me though.

Most of the time no bag at all. I pretty much know what I will be out shooting. I wear 511 Tactical BDUs which have pockets inside of the cargo pockets for an extra lens, or two. They also accamodate filters as well.My camera bag is a Camelbak BFM, and while it was practical to carry it all the time when I was in northern Arizona, here in the east I do not find myself needing to as much. Out there I could literally have to hump it 30 plus miles if my truck died on me, so I had emergency food, and other needed gear. Here I do not have to get very far to reach civilization. The only time I carry it is when I plan on birding which ends up being an all day affair, or if I am going further away. Which is not as often as I would like.

I'll take my camera backpack with all my stuff (except laptop) when I travel, but when I'm walking around where ever I traveled to I just carry my camera (& travel tripod if I'm gonna be shooting at night or HDR's or something like that).

I like to be lightweight.

Camera Holster, 24-70 2.8 on. No bag, no problem.

Camera bag only comes out with me when I'm specifically going out to shoot. I'll often have a camera close at hand, however. I've got several very portable cameras that are easy to throw into a purse and pull out if I feel the urge to take some pictures. The Rollei 35 is perfect for this, for example. Small, even has a collapsible lens that makes it easier to fit into a pocket or purse. Though it's surprisingly heavy considering how little it is :)

I'm just curious...what is there to disagree with in this post?
View attachment 100314
Your right about the Rollei 35 great little camera to have in your pocket

I don't do either, I'm usually somewhere between the two but when going out specifically for a shoot I might leave the camera bag behind and just take one camera & a small prime or two.
I take one of my camera bags with me quite a lot, taking it into work 25% or more of the time, and most times I go to a new location or event with the family. Sometimes those trips will end up including some shooting but often nothing comes of it.
I usually have 2 tripods in the car but don't like to leave my camera there where it would be exposed to condensation most nights...

Which do you do?
I have no camera bag. I have a large camera backpack with a lot of space and all kinds of features like a lot of padding, and regular backpacks. If I want to bring everything, then I'll pick the specialized backpack. Otherwise a regular backpack with the camera, some choice of lenses (I like to pick 28mm and 70-200mm) and maybe a flash will do nicely.

how about another question.

HOW MANY camera bags do you bring...:bouncingsmileys:

how about another question.

HOW MANY camera bags do you bring...:bouncingsmileys:

That could be more difficult!
Usually only one, but there have been multiple times I've brought two.
For some workshop sessions I've certainly brought at least one large box of extras as well as two or three fair size camera bags. Some of the extras may well have been in bags designed for compact cameras (technically camera bags even if they've only got extension tubes inside) so possibly as many as five for some of these sessions.

It is all situational, a combo of what I plan to to shoot and how I plan to shoot.

If I'm heading out, to say walk the dog or a business meeting, I'll take my X100s, a small fixed lens camera. If I'm heading out to a photo op, I'll usually take a bag and two/three bodies. Sometimes I like to challenge myself, like when I shot Street with only a 200mm (300mm FF) and a fisheye and no bag.

It is all situational, a combo of what I plan to to shoot and how I plan to shoot.

If I'm heading out, to say walk the dog or a business meeting, I'll take my X100s, a small fixed lens camera. If I'm heading out to a photo op, I'll usually take a bag and two/three bodies. Sometimes I like to challenge myself, like when I shot Street with only a 200mm (300mm FF) and a fisheye and no bag.
I've gotten to the point where I feel slightly uneasy if I don't have at least a small mirrorless APS-C camera (X100T or Nikon A) on me at all times. Sitting in my office yesterday I caught myself grabbing the Nikon A to walk to the water cooler down the hall. Who knows, that thing could bubble in a really interesting way and I ****need**** more than a cell phone camera for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back