Portfolio/thoughts

She needs 150 photos, so dropping some would mean that she will have to go out and shoot some more. But there might be a time crunch on getting it done.

Just went trough it. Those are excellent. The ones I am not a fan of are the wedding ones where you used flash indoor. I think the ambient exposure was too low.

does it pay a lot of money or something? is it a job offer?
I like your photos, I looked briefly. Most I couldn't legit comment im not knowledgeable enough.

Thank you :) No it isn't a job offer. It is just a personal goal.

She needs 150 photos, so dropping some would mean that she will have to go out and shoot some more. But there might be a time crunch on getting it done.
Yes I need the 150, but there is no time crunch. If any stick out that I should pull please say so! I can shoot more, or possibly find something else.

Just went through it. Those are excellent. The ones I am not a fan of are the wedding ones where you used flash indoor. I think the ambient exposure was too low.

Thank you Robin! I really appreciate you taking a look :) I will revisit those.

Agreed with some other posters that this is way too huge. Kind of like a resume that lists what you had for lunch on September 5th, 1987, and volunteering at a retirement home for a weekend 7 years ago, etc.

A portfolio you construct for a specific purpose, and pick out maybe a dozen photos at most that consistently and maximally speak to that purpose. Models often even only do 4 photos on a single sheet of paper.

I don't see why you would even put this. It is required for me to have 150. No more, no less. I would have much preferred a smaller number :) I think the point is to show that you know what you are doing. Not that you just have 15-20 good photos.

Don't waste your time and money

Agreed with some other posters that this is way too huge. Kind of like a resume that lists what you had for lunch on September 5th, 1987, and volunteering at a retirement home for a weekend 7 years ago, etc.

A portfolio you construct for a specific purpose, and pick out maybe a dozen photos at most that consistently and maximally speak to that purpose. Models often even only do 4 photos on a single sheet of paper.

I don't see why you would even put this. It is required for me to have 150. No more, no less. I would have much preferred a smaller number :) I think the point is to show that you know what you are doing. Not that you just have 15-20 good photos.

Don't waste your time and money

Really?
I would say the same thing about your film photography, and yet, I bet you will continue to do it.
This is a goal she has set for herself. I see no reason not to support her in this endeavor.
The group has set the terms, not paigew, so complaining about the number of pics needed is silly.
I say she should go for it, and keep tweaking her portfolio until she gets in. (if not on the first try)
Sometimes I really don't understand the lack of support for fellow members here.

Just wanted to say good luck!! I follow Clickin' Moms of Facebook and truly enjoy their posts and articles. I'm sure they will love your work!

serious exposure issues.
6.jpg
what do you mean by this? The album is gone...you can't even see what I submitted. There are no exposure issues. Each exposure is perfect imo :D. I know how to achieve correct exposure.

Just go ahead to submit. We don't even know who are actually judging the set. Are they experience photographers with a string of distinctions behind their names or just some active 'forumners'. If you get through, congrats. If not, they'll probably tell you what else they want to see. Good luck :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back