Portrait at night

oceridwanudin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Plz give me some feedback to improve my skill
IMG_7995.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

You got the eyes and the smile, the lighting is pretty good, too. To me the dots on the right make this landscape orientation portrait work.
If I haven't said it before (getting old, memory shot! ;) ) welcome to the forum.

I would have covered the right ear with hair if it was me.

The lighting should be more subdued for a night portrait. Think "mood" here. The background is nearly non-existent, so include something more in the background.

The pose is good but the lighting is weak. The hair just goes completely black and disappears into the background.

The lighting should be more subdued for a night portrait. Think "mood" here. The background is nearly non-existent, so include something more in the background.

Ok i'll try to add something in the background such as the light street or light cars in the next photo shot.thx designer

The pose is good but the lighting is weak. The hair just goes completely black and disappears into the background.

So what should i do to improve the light?could you give me some another advice?or should i add some light behind the model?cause right now i only have one speedlight for the lighting..thx for your feedback Rick50

So what should i do to improve the light?could you give me some another advice?or should i add some light behind the model?cause right now i only have one speedlight for the lighting..thx for your feedback Rick50

A rim light (one behind the model pointing at her) would have provided separation from the background. Looking at this on my monitor, I see detail and separation in the hair, 'though that could be improved.

A rim light (one behind the model pointing at her) would have provided separation from the background. Looking at this on my monitor, I see detail and separation in the hair, 'though that could be improved.

Ooh i see, okay. thank you tirediron

I like the stark lighting. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back