portriats

epaige

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys i was wondering what your favorite nikon lenses are for full body portraits?

My favorite?

Nikon 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens 2205 B&H Photo

See, I really hate people. Especially listening to people, being near people, etc. So I like to be as far away from them as I possibly can.. lol.

Ok, but seriously I'm not a pro photographer at all but my favorite lens for full body portraits is actually my Tamron 17-50 2.8. I prefer the 70-200 mm 2.8 for face shots, by far.. but for a full body shot I've found the Tamron does a pretty respectable job overall.

For a single person full-body shot, I favour the 85 if space permits. If not, then I'll use my 24-70 at the longest possible length. Worst-case scenario, 50.

Yup, the 85mm if you've got the room to back up. Should be in the range of 20 to 25 feet, but check it out.

85mm 1.8g followed by 17-50mm 2.8

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

depends on space but 85mm, 50mm, 35mm.

if you can swing the 70-200mm at 200, its wonderful

If the OP was shooting DX, would you all give the same answers? Just curious.

If the OP was shooting DX, would you all give the same answers? Just curious.
DX, wee-x-schmee-x. Focal length is focal length.

In related news, Nikon announced it's new schmee-x format today. When asked to comment, head of product development Yuki Tanaka replied simply, "Oy Vey".

Sure why not. Longer lenses for portrait work is fine and typical. I used the 25/50/85 on my DX prior to shooting FX

DX, wee-x-schmee-x. Focal length is focal length.
True, but angle of view and camera to subject distance both of which will affect the perspective in the portrait are a function of sensor size so the focal length of the lens you choose should be influenced by whether your camera is FX or DX.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back