Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

From a December roll I just got back, using my Pentax Espio point and shoot. Mostly just bad party snapshots and such, but I like the colours in this one.
img112.jpg

Last edited:
Ill have to give this a try

Each of us meter so differently so hopefully my method works for you! :)

Heres the scan I got back from the shop. All I did was compress it into a JPEG and lowered the quality so its not a huge file.

This is with metering and over exposing:

Heres the scan I got back from the shop. All I did was compress it into a JPEG and lowered the quality so its not a huge file.

It's totally personal preference but it looks about 1-2 stops under exposed. However, are you happy with the result?

It's totally personal preference but it looks about 1-2 stops under exposed. However, are you happy with the result?

Well I think the problem is the lab that scanned the negative isn't scanning correctly. Theres no reason why this should be so dark when it was metered for their face then adjusted to over expose by 1 stop. If you get in close enough as well, you can see all sorts of newton rings. Its like they dropped the neg directly onto the flat bed and scanned. Then the scanner thought it needed to find the correct exposure and tried to find a middle ground which caused the subjects to be dark. So no Im not happy with the result but I don't know if its because my shutter isn't working correctly or if the lab just doesn't know how to scan.

The ticket office at St. Ottilien train station, near Landsberg, Bavaria

ticket office.jpg

APX 400 at DIN 28, Adonal 1+25 at 20°C for 14.5 minutes, Revue AC-3, 50mm with yellow filter.

View attachment 152020

APX 400 at DIN 28, Adonal 1+25 at 20°C for 14.5 minutes, Revue AC-3, 50mm with yellow filter.
Nice. Tell me why I should use Adonal over HC110 or D76. I primarily shoot TriX or HP5. Occasionally, TMax only because I bought some by accident.

View attachment 152020

Nice. Tell me why I should use Adonal over HC110 or D76. I primarily shoot TriX or HP5. Occasionally, TMax only because I bought some by accident.

Thanks. I can't tell you that since I have no experience with any other developers up to now. I'll be taking a camera for repair to Augsburg in the coming days and will ask at the shop if they can supply me with something else to try for comparison. What I can say about Adonal is that it has a very long shelf life, the bottle I'm using now was bought maybe 18 months to 2 years ago, and that you need to watch it with agitation because the negatives can come out very grainy otherwise.

Itll be a week or two before I get my scan back so this is just a phone photo of the negative in the light table. My daughter and my father :)

Itll be a week or two before I get my scan back so this is just a phone photo of the negative in the light table. My daughter and my father :)

That's gonna be awesome. Hopefully you get a good scan this time.

That's gonna be awesome. Hopefully you get a good scan this time.

I thought I grabbed the film holder with Delta 100 in it but it turns out I was shooting Portra 160. So it'll be like the other scan but I'll just convert to b&w and bring up the exposure and toss the contrast. It'll be fine in the end :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back