postman pat

have you looked into solar cells?
I recall one or two people getting these for use for backpacking

have you looked into solar cells?
I recall one or two people getting these for use for backpacking

thought of it, but overall weight would not be much less than my 12 batteries. And also, when there is light, I want to shoot, not charge ;) Alot of the time it will be rather dark and raining, not good, if you need exactly that time for charging ;)

true - though cells might be an idea - with all those batteries - on a long camping trip or such you would have a good long time shooting - what you would need then is more memory cards!

true - though cells might be an idea - with all those batteries - on a long camping trip or such you would have a good long time shooting - what you would need then is more memory cards!

well, I have several :lol:

And I need the batteries since on each trip at night in the tent I do erase some shots, which costs battery life, but frees memory.

Also, I do not take that many photos usually anyway. But all that focussing, looking through viewfinders, IS, panorama shooting and all costs a lot of electricity.

true - why not get one of those small storage devices with a little screen - most LCD cullings are totally over/underexposed or blurred disasters so you don't need a big screen and it would save important camera memory

true - why not get one of those small storage devices with a little screen - most LCD cullings are totally over/underexposed or blurred disasters so you don't need a big screen and it would save important camera memory

my camera screen is more than sufficient, histograms tell me about exposure, 100% zoom about focus. and with 3x 16 GB and 3x 4GB CF I am more than well equipped, I will never use up all that memory, there are days where I take only 10 images or less.

my camera screen is more than sufficient, histograms tell me about exposure, 100% zoom about focus. and with 3x 16 GB and 3x 4GB CF I am more than well equipped, I will never use up all that memory, there are days where I take only 10 images or less.

And as much as I enjoy your photography... I'm sure all 10 of them are great well composed thought out shots.

And as much as I enjoy your photography... I'm sure all 10 of them are great well composed thought out shots.

well, make that 2 out of 10 then ;) but thanks! :)

also, you cannot force the light in nature, it might be just miserable for weeks. but you know that all too well yourself I bet ;)

got it all today :)

happy now!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back