Pretty Flower With Unknow Name for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_DSC00241.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of black and white photos of flowers b/c I think their colors against their backgrounds tell most of the story and make a photo interesting.

Judging the shot the way you PP'd it though: I think the actual flowers are OOF, along with blown out edges which makes the flowers look like one large blob instead of separate entities.

It's ok. To each their own. I am in my "black and white period". I find white flowers a hard color to photograph without blowing something out. Epically right in the midday sun.

Well, you didn't provide any of those details while posting your shot. How am I supposed to know the flowers are white and in midday sun? lol.

You might want to post a little background on your shot to leave us with some info to CC on and you might get some hints on how to shoot it better next time.

What I said wasn't supposed to come of d!ckish. I was just saying. Sorry. Here is the picture SOOC with no processing.

_DSC0024.jpg

The colour photo is a lot nicer than the black&white version and you got the whites ALL RIGHT in colour, much "righter" than in the b&w version, where it looks too bright.

And rarely do I find that the greens come out good enough in b&w versions, when they are represented by a dark grey, blackish "colour".

I agree, I like the colored photo much more!

Here is a colored version with a little PP.

_DSC00242.jpg

Most reactions

Back