Pro Flickr Question...

RebelTasha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think that you can only have your original size pictures displayed when you have a pro account, you can only get up to large with an unpro account.. right?

If I was to get a pro account what if I didn't want the original images displayed to everyone and only wanted that feature so that should anything happen I can retrieve them later in life...
(I would still want my account public)
Can you choose what sizes are displayed to the public?

I have a pro account... even my original "full sized" ones are downgraded some. Do not depend on online sites to save your photos, you have no control if they do backups or not.

Make your own backups, and leave the online sites to SHOW your pics... nothing more.

(corrected an obvious typo... sorry)

I do back them up on other drives as well.
The original size is much bigger than the large though on Flickr it would make a fairly decent 4x6.
Can anyone answer my question? :confused:

My original sizes are not exactly the same as the original RAW files, but they are close.

You can limit who can see what sizes. Its in your account settings, you can let only family and or friends view the large and original, or you can let nobody see them. You can also limit who can print or download them.

My original sizes are not exactly the same as the original RAW files, but they are close.

Flickr doesn't accept RAW files, just JPGs as far as I know. Thats another reason I do my own backing up... and if your RAW and JPG files are almost the same size in the first place... something is wrong! My RAW files are 15-17mb and full size JPGs are closer to 5-7mb

My Raw files come from a 6mp 10D, they hover in the 5.9-6.3mb range.

A nice managable size.

Edit: I just did a test and the original size on Flickr was 5.6mb so yes its fairly close to my RAW files.

The D200 is 10.2MP, so that kinda makes sense. But it does point out something that Iwas trying to make... it takes JPG files made with cameras above 8MP and cuts them down. It's not much, but it still does it, pro account or not.

Slightly off topic, but I noticed you are from Canada.. If you get your internet from Rogers, you can get a free Flickr pro account, because Yahoo and Rogers have some kind of a deal in place (Yahoo owns Flickr)

Thanks Andrew that would have been good to know!
We are with Sympatico though hook, line and sinker.. lol. :confused:

Most reactions

Back