Problem posting jpg's

llamov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a reletively new member and I thought I'd upload a few images to the Gallery section. When I attempted to upload a few jpg's I received a message stating that the Gallery accepted only photo's. What am I missing?

There is a file size limit.
Your image files may be exceeding that limit.
Or your files are in a file format the forum software does not accept, though the forum certainly accepts JPEG files that don't exceed the file size limit.
Since the forums updated to this Xenforo software I don't know what the file size limit is.

The old file size limit was just over 2 mb.

Don't confuse image resolution (pixel dimensions) with file size.
Image resolution and file size are in fact different and as such are managed differently too.
We crop a photo to change the image resolution.
We change the image file Save parameters to change image file size.

Thank you for your advice. It worked. I downsized the jpg's to a little over 100 kb and they uploaded fine. I am a retired professional photographer. These are photographic prints I made almost 30 years ago as part of a personal project.

I feel like a dinosaur in today's photographic world. Back then I shot on film and printed my images on silver based paper; unloved and almost unknown in today's world. To my eyes, at least, these old prints, made on the rich papers of that old time are beautiful objects in and of themselves. In the digital world we live in now, the jpg's will have to do. If you have the time please look at my old gallery and let me know what you think.

Thank you for your advice. It worked. I downsized the jpg's to a little over 100 kb and they uploaded fine. I am a retired professional photographer. These are photographic prints I made almost 30 years ago as part of a personal project.

I feel like a dinosaur in today's photographic world. Back then I shot on film and printed my images on silver based paper; unloved and almost unknown in today's world. To my eyes, at least, these old prints, made on the rich papers of that old time are beautiful objects in and of themselves. In the digital world we live in now, the jpg's will have to do. If you have the time please look at my old gallery and let me know what you think.
Welcome from another dinosaur. My Durst enlarger is still in the basement, but now I produce only jpg's, and have my photos printed. I liked your Cityscape gallery, particularly the old gas station.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back