Problematic people.

50two

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I AM SO ANNOYED. im wondering if anyone has this same problem. i have this good friend, sure shes really nice but she honestly thinks shes a wonderful photographer etcetc BUT SHE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO CANNOT EVEN DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A LENS AND A SHUTTER. :grumpy:

she critises my photography. even though shes never seen my photos. when she sees me taking photos, she directs me on how i should better take the shot. its so annoying seeing that she, who has never touched anything other than a point and shoot would even understand what i do and think when i take photos. so who is she to tell me how to do things.
ohyes. she claims to have had a "photography phase" back when she was 11. ie. her credentials.

i mean seriously. maybe its because shes an only child, and there was no sibling to deflate her ego. i sure know my sister did that for me.

THIS GIRL NEEDS A SISTER. PLEASE.
does anyone else have this problem? :(

Last edited:
Is it right: your birthday is in September 1992?
Well, that would explain this rant...

If you are so much better than she is, then it should not even bug you. You should just inwardly think "may she say whatever she wants, I do it my way".

Sounds a bit like my brother, This man, who has never handled anything more than a point and shoot camera, bought his first camera in 2007 and continues to use that very same Kodak Easy share C-653 and holds no true interest in photography does not tell me how to do anything, Instead he just grabs his camera and gets right to work on composing the "superior picture" where my C-743 fails.

I just ignore him, untill he pops his flash wile I am taking a picture but that is another rant all together.

Ignorant untill proven otherwise. Just don't let it bother you. Your camera, Your image, your rules.

Is it right: your birthday is in September 1992?
Well, that would explain this rant...

sure im immature. but obnoxiousness gets too much. i told her i was submitting a few photos to a studio for highschool work experience and she kindly offered that since my photography was so apparently horrible, she offered to let me submit her photos and take credit for them. i mean honestly. do adults not get bothered by that kind of thing just because theyre more mature?

i dont ever retaliate or have a nice long rant to her face. but when do people not know that theyre just becoming rude?

do adults not get bothered by that kind of thing just because theyre more mature?

To be honest with you, Yes. That is all part and parcle to mature behavier, it's called tolerance. However there does come a point when tolerance gets exceeded and the one who breeches that point should be put in their correct place.

For example, Where she told you to submit her work and take credit for it, at that point, I do believe an appropriate course of action would be to tell her "no, you can submit your own works and I'll submit mine, if you think you are that superior to me than why don't you stand up and let a third party play judge." And walk away.

well i cant do that because everything she says is well meaning. She honestly meant for me to take her "better photos" and gain work experience that i wanted...(because i wouldnt be able to do it using my own) im sorry for being an angsty hormonal teenager but i dont actually realise how stupid this is until i rant. :S

and its not like havent been "tolerant". all this thread ends up questioning is peoples ignorance and there have been many other rants on this forum about other peoples ignorance and "when they just dont get it".

i did end up getting the work experience btw. :)

well i cant do that because everything she says is well meaning. She honestly meant for me to take her "better photos" and gain work experience that i wanted...(because i wouldnt be able to do it using my own) im sorry for being an angsty hormonal teenager but i dont actually realise how stupid this is until i rant. :S

and its not like havent been "tolerant". all this thread ends up questioning is peoples ignorance and there have been many other rants on this forum about other peoples ignorance and "when they just dont get it".

i did end up getting the work experience btw. :)

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. What may be well meaning would have been deleterious to your goals. If she honestly thought that it would benifit you in any way to do that, She obviously does not know what she is talking about. If one does not truly know the situation another is in they can not help, no good can come from the attempt.

I do have to ask though, have you seen her work?

And don't go thinking this is all for not, everyone has to vent some times. if you don't it'll lead to a world of trouble, trust me, I've been there, ain't pretty. Being an angsty hormonal teenager has it's ups and downs, one learns a lot during these years through trial and error, don't freat over it. :D

haha i have seen her photos. theyre somewhat.... i cant be bothered to explain all the things wrong with it but basically her idea of a good photo is the cliche sunset or as long as the subject is perfectly centred in the frame and the light is bright enough so you can see it, its a masterpiece. as you might have concluded shes not actually very much into photography which makes it even more frustrating that she tells me all of this. this is also the reason why she really thinks that giving me her photos will 'benefit me'. shes not being competitive at all, i guess she thinks shes already better than me anyway, she genuinly is having good intentions.

so really its all just a matter of ignorance :(

thanks btw :) im glad i vented it all out

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :redwine: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :redwine: :puke-rig:

i told her i was submitting a few photos to a studio for highschool work experience and she kindly offered that since my photography was so apparently horrible, she offered to let me submit her photos and take credit for them. i mean honestly. do adults not get bothered by that kind of thing just because theyre more mature?

It's so incredibly absurd I think I'd just laugh. You are going to have to stand up and explain that you do photography your way, she can do it her way, there's plenty of room for different tastes, and that her criticism and attitude are annoying and unwanted.

You probably should get used to it though. If it's not her it'll be someone else. Photography is done, used, and viewed in so many different ways, yet individual photographers tend to define it according to how it works for them. Some folks are into the gear and process, others don't care. Some folks are into art, others are more concerned about technical perfection. I've met plenty of serious photogs who could care less about the finished photo as art, they are just interested in the gear and process. Tastes and interests vary widely.

"Photography appears to be an easy activity; in fact it is a varied and ambiguous process in which the only common denominator among its practitioners is in the instrument." - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Or you could tell her to go "f" the sharp side of a knife.

That's what I would say...even if she was my friend.

Oh. I'm also criticizing your spelling.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :redwine: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :redwine: :puke-rig:

Yay! Happy day!:):):D

Anyway dude,

Yeah, I'm personally 13 and nothing (NOTHING) ticks me off more then when someone trys to explain to me that my photos are &%$# (Not you guys here on TPF). I mean, I get this crap from people who don't even take snapshots!:)angry1::no smile:) I mean like, come on!:x

I here you completely!

Phil,

Questions kill the expert wannabees. :D

Seriously, just start asking more and more indepth questions. "Can you explain the relationship between the aperture and the shutter? I'm having trouble with the concept. And what's this whole depth of field thing all about?" As they start realizing that you at least know enough to ask questions they can't answer, they'll lose interest. ;)

Of course, then she'll rant about you on some mall shopping forum or something. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back