Prom?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by DarknGorgeous, May 21, 2008.

1. DarknGorgeous

DarknGorgeous TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im not sure if Im in the right section, but I had some questions about taking prom pictures.

My boyfriend's brother wants me to take prom pictures of himself and his girlfriend. He is having professional, more Formal pictures taken at his highschool, but wants some non traditional ones taken as well. I do have my own style; I love crazy angles and do alot of photoshoping and his mom actually wants me to bring some of my photoshop art into the mix.

Im doing a test shoot tomorrow, just to get a feel for the area he wants the photos taken and check out the lighting.

I was just wondering if there are any tips for taking prom pictures? Poses? Im going to be looking up as much up as I can, but thought I'd ask here as well.

2. DarknGorgeous

DarknGorgeous TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are my most recent photoshoped art; His mom wanted me to do something along these lines with his prom pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Very interesting work! Since you're already doing the important things (Scouting the venue, checking lighting) I'll just add to make sure you've got lots of spare cards, and batteries. I would assume it's going to be similar to a wedding, and the biggest trick is going to be getting the shots without getting in the way. Good luck!
    ~John

4. Alfred D.

Alfred D. TPF Noob!

Hi Dark,

Nice photos. You seem to be doing mighty fine on your own, imo. So trust your instincts and have a fun shoot!

5. createnetwork

createnetwork TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would agree and say just try to make him have fun with his date. Good luck!