PSA: Get them printed!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I work through moving ahead with my photography I've been learning a lot along the way. One thing I've learned is get it printed!! I wish I had done it wayyyyyy before now, lesson learned!

Having a cool digital file to share online is great but after it's short heyday online it ends up buried in the rest of your photos (and everyone else's) and as time passes it gets more and more buried. If you are like most if not all of us you rarely will go back and look at your old work, it will languish away with only you to visit it once in a blue moon, how sad!!

Printing it gives you something tangible, a physical object to hang in your home, even if it goes into some description of storage it's there, if for some reason you lose your digital files you won't lose it.

Holding the actual print in your hand is SO rewarding, way beyond looking at it on a monitor. Do yourself and your hard work a favour and get some printed!!

Printing sure does bring a photo to life thats for sure.

On screen one can look boring (to be kind), but once you see it printed, it can easily turn to art.

Agree Sean! I knew in my head what I thought the prints would look like but they definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm positive others will find the same!

I have always printed "family" albums every 6 months or so - just like the old albums with the magnetic pages and the Kodak prints, but hardbound books now from Shutterfly. Now I've rolled my own photography into those albums and print every 3 months - so in between a trip to the zoo and Easter egg hunting, there will be a 2-page spread of my photo walk by the lake.

I keep meaning to print nice wall-hangable sized prints of my best stuff, but at least they're in our books!

Having large prints done is one of my favorite things ever. Sure, you can zoom in to 100% in LR to see all the details, but they get lost when you resize and share to the web. Having a 20x30 print you can hang and see all the detail is certainly amazing. Plus, when I show people those prints they always say they have a new appreciation for my work.

I am broke so nothing gets printed.

So you're finding out what us longtime film photographers know... Glad you're enjoying your photos in print.

That's what those of us love when we print in the darkroom, to see an image appearing in the developing tray, and know you nailed it (or not...lol). I think a print is an enjoyable part of the photography process that a lot of people are missing out on and may not even know it til they experience it.

I've printed out a lot of 4x6's when snapfish or similar has a penny print sale; the occasional 5x7 for an image I really like; but that's it.

I've just recently bit the bullet and printed a 20x30 and had it matted and framed in a 24x36 frame and couldn't be more excited about it!

I have a love-hate relationship with printing. I'm too much of a perfectionist in terms of the print looking exactly how I envisioned, but I'm too poor to afford being a perfectionist (IE: Buying my own high quality printer to experiment with).

I love prints when they come out how I want them to lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back