Pug Mark Park Tiger

srini

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
This is a picture of a tiger that I had the opportunity to shoot at a private park for big cats that have been given up by their owners or circuses.
In this picture, I tried to get the feel of a natural habitat ie, the jungle. Do you think the leaves in the foreground are distracting, I personally felt that it is framing the picture.
Picture was shot with a 20D Canon and 70-200L(IS), no tripod but I was using the fence as a stabilizer.

large.jpg

i like the leaves in the foreground for the most part but i find the ones in the bottom left that most nearly cover the tiger's face distracting. i think if the one wasnt so close to it's mouth it would be better. the other ones really add to the photo. the photo is still excellent, and i really like it. great job!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The image is really great, but the leaves look like they frame the image a little too much. Makes it look too busy and takes attention away from the tiger. Who's face makes 'em look like a great big lazy house cat instead of a feroucious beasty from the wild. (Tiger must of been spoiled. ;) ) Was it frightening to get close to a tiger? I would have been scared!

I was behind a fence, so it was not too scary, else I would have become lunch.. I agree the leaves take away some of the good portions of the tiger but it also makes it look more natural and wild, I wish the big leaf on the botton left was not there.. Srini RR

I think the picture is very nice. I love the detail on the face. I think maybe there is a little too much framing also, but I do like the composition other than that.

I like the image but perhaps try some tighter cropping if you haven't already and leave just a fraction of the foregroud leaves in view. perhaps photoshop the tip of the leaf where the tiger's mouth is black?

I kind of like the leaves, too. Gives kind of a framing effect. Just wondering, if you could shoot it again, would trying to fiddle with your depth of focus/aperature to get the leaves in the foreground a little more sharper work better?

Wow....great shot...I love it. I try getting the one at the zoo to do something like that...and he never does...I sit there almost all day. One of these times its going to happen.

Most reactions

Back