Purchasing a canon t3...advice?

Danny_511

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so im looking into getting my first DSLR and the Eos T3 has caught my eye, plus it's in my price range. I can get one body only for 298. I already own an EOS 35mm so ill just use that lens until I earn enough to get a better one. The 12 megapixels doesnt bother me because 12 is more than enough for 8.5x11 prints. Basically, im not a novice and im self taught. Ive been doing this for a year but as some of you may know, I made it into the finals for the Nikon emerging photographers contest using a little samsung wb150f. I also work for a photography business in my city. Please, dont get me wrong, I'm no where near pro-level and where I want to be as a photographer but I feel as though im ready for a dslr. My experience with 35mm SLRs has helped me.

If anyone can help me with anything to look out for with the t3, show many any of there work with a t3, etc. Itd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.s I know I was kind of all over the place, I apologize for that.

If you can, go with a T2i instead. It out edges the T3 in every category. Should be similarly priced to the T3.

Hey man. I have the Canon T3 and I LOVE it. It's my first SLR and does what I want. I have some work from it on my instagram @imbradenolsen if you want to check it out there. It's a great camera.

Hey man. I have the Canon T3 and I LOVE it. It's my first SLR and does what I want. I have some work from it on my instagram @imbradenolsen if you want to check it out there. It's a great camera.

Thanks, ill follow you.

If you know how to use it, I'm sure the T3 is just fine. Cameras are just tools...the difference between models are a lot more trivial than you'd think.

What model of EOS film camera do you have? You might want to look for a digital model that is similar in terms of ergonomics. Or you might take this as an opportunity to find a model that matches you better.

If you know how to use it, I'm sure the T3 is just fine. Cameras are just tools...the difference between models are a lot more trivial than you'd think.

What model of EOS film camera do you have? You might want to look for a digital model that is similar in terms of ergonomics. Or you might take this as an opportunity to find a model that matches you better.

I completely agree. I have a Rebel XS with a grip, and a XSN-Date

Indeed. I've surprised quite a few people with some pics I took with "just" a D40. However, if you can get a different camera that performs better for almost the same price, then why not?

Indeed. I've surprised quite a few people with some pics I took with "just" a D40. However, if you can get a different camera that performs better for almost the same price, then why not?

The t2i body is going for 400 and that's out of my price range :( any recommendations? Im purchasing this weekend

Search the Internet (including Craigslist) for a used t2i.

The t2i body is going for 400 and that's out of my price range :( any recommendations? Im purchasing this weekend

hmmm, if you need it this weekend, probably have no choice but to get the T3 (which there's nothing wrong with it) unless you get one from craigslist (just beware of scammers). From time to time, I see the T2i and T3i go down into the mid 300's from Canon refurbed site (they currently do not have any T2i units, and the T3i is above 400). T3 and some nice glass then. You won't be cropping your pictures very much, would you be? Just asking since I think the higher the MP the better a cropped pic will look, in general.

Wait till you can afford a good camera.

So...you're saying the t3 is a bad camera?

Ignore him.
No. The T3 is not a bad entry level dslr. It will teach you how everything works. Obviously it's an entry level came but still, not a bad camera.

Still. Scower the Internet and try to find a t2i.

Ignore him.
No. The T3 is not a bad entry level dslr. It will teach you how everything works. Obviously it's an entry level came but still, not a bad camera.

I tried craigslist...no luck but all I need is an entry level for right now. Im not the guy that thinks I should have a 1000 dollar dslr just because. I finally feel like my skill is ready to be complemented with a dslr so entry level is fine with me. Especially since ive been shooting with newer film SLRs.

Ignore him.

I tried craigslist...no luck but all I need is an entry level for right now. Im not the guy that thinks I should have a 1000 dollar dslr just because. I finally feel like my skill is ready to be complemented with a dslr so entry level is fine with me. Especially since ive been shooting with newer film SLRs.

If you don't really need to get the DSLR right now, I'd just wait. Both the T3 and T2i are considered entry level cameras, but with both being in similar prices ranges, I would really just get a T2i (like I said before, the T3 is not bad, just going with bang for your buck here).

Canon T3 vs T2i - Our Analysis

I think the biggest complaint I remember reading about the T3 was its screen.

Most reactions

Back