Question about Cactus V2 will they fire with a remote?

blythe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently purchased a Cactus V2 and im and trying to use my remote to fire the camera but it wont work. Is it because the V2 is using the wireless function already? Please help me out.

thanks

Not sure. Just a thought. Maybe try different channels on your remote or the cactus? They could be causing noise.

I also tried using it on another channel but its still not working.

Hi,

I just recently purchased a Cactus V2 and im and trying to use my remote to fire the camera but it wont work. Is it because the V2 is using the wireless function already? Please help me out.

thanks

Which remote? For the camera shutter? remote for the Cactus V2? More info in your post is required to make any sense.

Yeah the remote for the camera shutter the quick response remote for the camera

Something else is at work here... at least I think so.

Cactus V2s communicate via a radio signal. Most remote shutters for cameras operate via an IR signal. They shouldn't interfere with each other.

A could things come to mind:

1) Remove the Cactus V2s transmitter from the hotshoe of the camera. Try to test fire the remote shutter. Does it work?
2) When you are test firing the remote shutter are you infront of behind the camera body? Some camera bodies have their IR receiver for the remote in front of the camera for group shots that include the photographer. Some people don't realize this and expect the IR remote to work while standing behind the camera.

Most reactions

Back