Questions about my Alpha

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, i got my Sony Alpha in december, and have really enjoyed having it. But i am having a problem that i dont quite know what to do about.... The shutter button seems to have gotten "sticky" some how. When i push it down, it seems to not want to pop back up right away all the time. As far as I know, its not anything that I personally would have done to the camera. if i blow in it, it usually frees itself up for a while (hours, days, kinda depends) but eventually it ends up getting sticky again, I dont want to send it in to be repaired unless its absolutely necessary because i am a yearbook photographer at my college (i know, big deal right?...) and i need it fairly constantly. Whats everyone think i should do?

also is there any way to clean the focusing screen? (i was messing around with it one day and got some little specks of dust and stuff in there..) i can live with it that way if theres no real way to do it though

if you say blowing on the buttom helps, use compressed air. that or send it back to get fixed if you have warrenty on it.

well i have the year warranty that it comes with, and i tried compressed air once, and it helped for quite a while, but its just wierd that it came back then... i dont know if the moisture from my breath was loosening things up either, i'm guessing its probably not the best thing to be putting moisture inside the camera though

take it back and replace it under the warranty, tell them you need an immediate replacement, the money you paid for this it should work faultlessly for years, not months.

thing is, are they actually going to replace it? because the last time i had a sony camera (H1) i had to get it fixed under warranty and they just fixed it, it was not replaced, and it took a while too, is there a good way to make sure i get a new camera, or at least a speedy repair?

oh yeah, and they make YOU pay to ship it to them. how's that for service?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back