Questions on off camera flash

R0TT3NBURIT0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend from school bought wireless off camera flash. He says you just plug one to the camera and one to the flash, and you can set the flash on a tripod.

I have a tripod already, but do I have to buy a new flash?

I also want to know were I can get the flash, the transmitter and the receiver (slave), and if i need a new tripod, were can I get one of those?

Plus i want to know your recommendations for this, like what you use, and at a low price.

Thanks

You should probably start with telling us what you have already.

Mpex.com has several kits. They're not really cheaper or more expensive than B&H, but everything is put together for you.

I should have. I have nothing that I need besides a flash. So I'm gonna have to buy everything including a new flash because I hate my older flash.

Big Mike cleared up everything, but what price range everything is going to cost.

if you read that site, it tells you, you can get it the set up for as little as $180, depending on how much you get an older nikon flash for

Yup, check out Mpex.com for 'strobist kits'.

Thanks guys. Your the best when I get the money I'll be getting a kit! :)

Thanks guys. Your the best when I get the money I'll be getting a kit! :)

And your best bet is probably the starving student wireless. I think it's $215. It comes with a set of Cactus V2S radio triggers. Definitely not the best and not the most reliable, but the freedom wireless gives you is really nice.

You can always pick up some optical trigger for cheap too. Wein makes some that fit the Vivitar nicely. I think it's like $60 for 4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back