Random Chicago Shots

Northsider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, first photo thread there, just wanted to share some city shots. I consider myself an urban photographer, so enjoy

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

00003.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

I love the last one. I feel that the second one is a little bit tilted, and the third lacks a filter and contrast, it should be something like that:

00003zk4.jpg

Yes, that last one is one of my favorites. I took the one above with my Cannon A410, and it was a slight drizzle out..still not sure how to get good settings but I am learning. Looks better with what you did.

Here are some more that I took recently:

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

I still got the tilt thing going on with the camera :-/

I have the same Canon as my point and show camera :) But I don't like the fact that you can't control shutter and aperture speed, only ISO and other minor settings.

I like the 1st one more than the rest, it makes you see all the picture because you created a line with composition, followed by the third one, but the second one seems to be too saturated, there are too many objects on it, plus, it doesn't seem to have a main object.

BTW, don't take my opinion too seriously, I'm a beginner just like you.

I have the same Canon as my point and show camera :) But I don't like the fact that you can't control shutter and aperture speed, only ISO and other minor settings.

BTW, don't take my opinion too seriously, I'm a beginner just like you.
Ugh, I know! That's why I don't use that camera too much anymore, no shutter and aperture control.

Thanks for your comments!:)

Nice shots with lovely light and details! I also like the black and white shots. Wonderful work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greetings,
Ann :sillysmi:

I have been to the location of the last shot as well but have a pic from the other platform as I waited for the train back to O'Hare for my flight back to Ireland. Good memories....

holy cow! is the sea frozen? It really looks amazing.

^^ Erm, Lake. Yes the lake is frozen over for a good part of the winter.

I really like this kind of photography. I've never been to Chicago, in fact I've only ever seen it on 'ER', and I especially enjoy informal street scenes like number 2 (reminds me of houses in Edinburgh) and 4 (that elevated railway, makes me think of The French Connection - was that Chicago?). Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Kevin. Thankfully, ER is a pretty accurate representation of Chicago, as it actually is[/i] filmed here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back