ratios.

darry85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I haven't developed film in a long time and I'm getting back into it, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the ratios work. The developer I plan on getting is Arista liquid film developer. It says to dilute 1 + 9. So, if I have 500ml of water would that be 100 ml of developer and 400 of water?

And for the fixer I'm using Arista rapid fixer. it says to dilute 1:4 for film and again with 500 ml of water as an example, 125 ml of fixer and 375 of water?

I know the + and the : mean something different. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

Sorry, I just realized this is in the wrong forum. It goes in the darkroom. Can someone move it for me? Thanks.

For 500ml total.

1:4 is one part chem, 4 parts water.......100ml chem 400ml water.

1:9 is one part chem 9 parts water.......50ml chem 450ml water.

Thanks! I guess there is no difference between the + and the :?

One part developing solution, and then four, equal-to-the-one-part's-volume units of water, is a 1:4 strength developer.

One part developing solution, then nine, equal-to-the-one-part's-volume units of water is what 1:9 means.

Sorry, I just realized this is in the wrong forum. It goes in the darkroom. Can someone move it for me? Thanks.

No problem, it's been moved. If you ever need something brought to a moderator's attention, you can always use the "Report" link at the bottom of any post, including your own. That way you don't need to wait for someone to notice the request within the thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back