RAW Processing Question...

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's the deal.

I usually take RAW + Jpeg photos and frankly (because of habit mostly) I just process and edit the jpegs. But, I am in the middle of taking some portraits where I am literally bouncing from setup to setup and the constant light changes are killing me.

I am trying to set the camera for each shot but frankly I noticed that I have gotten a little sloppy on some things. My problem is that I just don't know enough about processing RAW images. I have Photoshop 7.0 and Nikon Capture 4.0 and I ran out of time on my trial of Lightroom. But my question will probably be how should I invest wisely in a good program for fixing my screw ups? Is processing RAW really worth it and can you really see a difference?

I am not opposed to investing in Lightroom and CS3 but I really do not want to double buy software. If I can fix these images in Lightroom, I'll go that route and continue using 7.0.

Any thoughts?

BTW: I'm not married to the Adobe thing. If there are more powerful options, please let me know.

David

frankly, i use nikon editor for processing my raw files, it is free and it does everything i need or want to do.

also, i only shoot in raw and convert the files to tiff after making any changes in nikon's program.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back