Recent Runway Fashion Show C&C needed

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fashion show I photographed a few weeks ago. It was so dim in there (lights, but some of the models as well ;) )! heres what I pulled off:

_MG_4798.jpg

_MG_5526.jpg

_MG_4934.jpg

_MG_5559.jpg

_MG_5621.jpg

_MG_4780.jpg

Modeling is such hard work (just a fun candid):

_MG_5400bwredshoe.jpg

Ummm... Understand it's a difficult environment, but I can't say I'm really fussed about them. The crops are very tight and hot spots on the forehead are rather distracting. Were you bouncing your flash or?

you had a good spot there at the end of the runway

The first couple seem way too soft, and a lot of them have very harsh lighting.

Morgan,

Those are some hardcore copyrights you have on there. I haven't seen you do that before. Did something happen that has prompted you to do that? I love your work but this seems like a new environment for you. I would crack under the pressure... :)

GT

My opinion only maybe but the cropping is just not right. Either a longer lens from further away (taking out the people on the sides of the stage) or a shorter lens from closer up (including more people from the sides) would give a more dramatic effect. This of course would be difficult without spending lots of money. So aside from spending tons on glass I'd work to capture more of the candids like #7 (however my personal taste says it could do without the selective coloring). #1 is a good capture. It seems the rest of the models stopped somewhere weird on the runway catching only a portion of the light that #1 did probably nothing you could have done about it. #3 seems to have another model growing out of her side but otherwise the right moment was captured.

Of course my opinion should be taken with a teaspoon of salt as I'm no professional at critique.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the feedback!!! Yes the lighting was dreadful!!! there were random small spotlights on the ceiling, which attributes to the halos and the harsh lighting. Some of the models stopped right under the light, some right after a certain light above. Also I should add that they are soft, and thats because of the poor quality, very small images made larger to view. These are not the originals.

And yes, I did have a problem with a model from this shoot stealing my photos, printing them or burning them to a CD and giving them to others. Really ticked me off. hence the large over the top water mark.

Thank you all again for the comments and feedback, this was my first runway show and I have a lot to learn.

(I got their early to claim my spot at the end of the runway, atleast I did that right!!)

Most reactions

Back