Recommendations on the best AND most affordable client proofing/gallery site?

cannpope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am thinking in the next year or so, I may try to take my photographic hobby and turn it into a side business. I know that there are lots of things to think about and that a photography business is mostly 90% "business". I understand strong marketing and business sense is what will make it survive. What would be a good recommendation for a site that offers gallery/client proofing that is affordable, but doesn't look cheesy? I know this is going to take A TON of work, but it's something I am passionate about. THANKS :D

I use Photocart. It's not 'cheap' at around $300, but it's a one time purchase and it resides on my own website. So I don't have to pay a monthly or yearly membership to some website and I don't have to pay commission on the sales. Also, I don't have to send my clients away from my site for ordering etc.

Build it yourself. Most web-hosting services will provide an excellent suite of tools to create pass-word protected directories, etc. Use one of a host of gallery-generating applications (such as the outstanding freeware too jalbum) and you're done. Total cost? 0 on top of whatever you're already paying for your website.

Most reactions

Back