Recommended lens for "stay on" use

aweb108

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have a 40D with a 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 is this good..what else would you guys suggest..and what different kinds of lens are good for a starter (i.e macro, telephoto)?

p.s. i am trying to stay with canon products and preferably filter size of 72mm

also what is better for regular use...28-135mm or 15-85mm

Since it sounds like you're a beginner, I would save your $$ for the moment and stick with what you have. As you shoot more and refine what you like to shoot, you'll have a better idea what focal length you prefer and then sink your cash into higher end lenses in that range. 28-135 takes in a wide range of potential targets.

I agree with icassell. But to answer your question more directly, a good "stay-on" lens that I like is the Canon 17-85 IS lens. You get wide angle all the way to telephoto. This is great for walking around a city to get those building shots from not too far away then zooming in on someone for a portrait. And it's not too expensive!

I agree with icassell. But to answer your question more directly, a good "stay-on" lens that I like is the Canon 17-85 IS lens. You get wide angle all the way to telephoto. This is great for walking around a city to get those building shots from not too far away then zooming in on someone for a portrait. And it's not too expensive!

where is there a 17-85 i only could find 17-55mm and 15-85mm

whats the advantage of this over what i already have (25-135)

whats the advantage of this over what i already have (25-135)

17mm is wide angle.

It just comes down to preference.

how do you know this...sorry for the dumb questions im trying to learn...and is this very similar to the current lens i have or is there a big difference

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yes, Canon released the EF-S 15-85mm with IS last month. I think it sells for $899? Not cheap but very useful stay-on lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back