Red Haired Woman With a Cigarette

You could start your own street performance in Covent Garden getting blood out of stones.

As other people have said, you have posted much better images here with at least what appears to be good, considered composition and interesting subjects. This one, I'm afraid, just looks like a snapshot.

Thanks for your comment with at least what appears to be a compliment :mrgreen:

Drawing a bunch of lines on a picture doesn't make it awesome.

This is a cute scene, and a nice bit of commentary perhaps. The oddity of the street performer's pose conflicts with the woman with the cigarette and splits our attention in unappealing ways, and nothing else in the frame is really contributing either interest of visual balance. With the possible exception of the large backlit(?) sign visible in the window on the right side. I find it interesting to look at, but a bit of a jumble.

Street is very very hard, and I think this was a good attempt, but I don't think it really works.

As the late great Kenny Rogers once said, "Here, taste this chicken".

He also said, "you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em".

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'd prefer to see the street performer in perfect focus and a long shutter of the personal walking by...

The main thing that's lacking, as far as I can tell, is any kind of connection implied or otherwise between the woman and the performer. That's apart from the basically disorganized nature of the frame.

For what it's worth, this picture did capture my attention and interest right away. After going through the other comments, though, I went back and took a deeper look - and also looked at your modified version with the darker windows. I do agree that darkening the windows removes some of the clutter and improves the overall impression, but I still think this is a very interesting picture.

(I guess I'm just saying that you're not alone in your madness :confused: )

Drawing a bunch of lines on a picture doesn't make it awesome.

This is a cute scene, and a nice bit of commentary perhaps. The oddity of the street performer's pose conflicts with the woman with the cigarette and splits our attention in unappealing ways, and nothing else in the frame is really contributing either interest of visual balance. With the possible exception of the large backlit(?) sign visible in the window on the right side. I find it interesting to look at, but a bit of a jumble.

Street is very very hard, and I think this was a good attempt, but I don't think it really works.

Thank you for your comment, amolitor! As always, appreciated.
Regarding the lines - analysing the picture helps me to understand why exactly do I like some pictures and why I do not like them. It is a learning prosess, and I find it very helpful. Especially when others bother to give a detailed critique and make me defense my positions.
Some might think that I am just trying to prove that my picture is great. Not at all. In the end I will reevaluate and draw my conclusions about this kind of a setup, make no mistake about it. ;)

As the late great Kenny Rogers once said, "Here, taste this chicken".

He also said, "you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em".

Great, great song runnah. Thank you for that.
But as a gambler in the past myself I can tell you that the biggest mistake is not to hold'em or fold'em. The biggest mistake of them all is to take a seat at the wrong table.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, this picture did capture my attention and interest right away. After going through the other comments, though, I went back and took a deeper look - and also looked at your modified version with the darker windows. I do agree that darkening the windows removes some of the clutter and improves the overall impression, but I still think this is a very interesting picture.

(I guess I'm just saying that you're not alone in your madness :confused: )

Thanks you, much appreciated. Two mad guys in one place is already something :headbang::headbang:

My remark about drawing lines was kind of bitchy, and I apologize for it.

Your process is yours, and not mine, but I did not find that your lines made much sense. They felt kind of like searching to find sense after the picture was made. But, it's not my process, and they're not my lines.

My remark about drawing lines was kind of bitchy, and I apologize for it.

Your process is yours, and not mine, but I did not find that your lines made much sense. They felt kind of like searching to find sense after the picture was made. But, it's not my process, and they're not my lines.

Not a problem at all. We all see things differently. I did not construct the frame with these yellow "radiations" in mind, that would be way too clever for my level. But I was immediately struck when I saw it on the screen - this yellow stuff is radiating from their heads - they are like empty cartoon bubbles which you can fill with your own words or thoughts.. his is like "oh, another one is passing by" and hers is a bit more imaginative :wink: Pity others do not see it this way, but to me it is a fun picture. But I will think about - why it does not have a desired affect.

Indeed it is.

I am not lying. She also has a blue bag. Just every inch as blue as the one in the corner.

And the yellow tetragons patterns correspond with his and her projected movements/positions.

Clever, innit :waiting:

She is not the most interesting thing in this photo. Obviously its the gold guy there hovering somehow. Why did you title the photo for the boring lady walking past?

Most reactions

Back