Red Haired Woman With a Cigarette

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The title was changed by popular demand to:
"The Poor Street Performer With The Blue Trolley Totally Ignored By the Red Haired Woman With The Blue Bag, Despite Covering Himself In Gold And Hovering In The Air". ;-)

View attachment 57834

Last edited:
Indeed it is.

Indeed it is.

I am not lying. She also has a blue bag. Just every inch as blue as the one in the corner.

And the yellow tetragons patterns correspond with his and her projected movements/positions.

Clever, innit :waiting:

I'm still trying to figure out what he's sitting on.

I'm still trying to figure out what he's sitting on.

He is sitting on his stick. It is a metal construction hidden in his sleeve and the lower part of it is under the carpet. It creates an illusion of hanging in the air.

Aha! I knew there had to be something in the suit connected to the stick, but since the carpet isn't in the frame, I couldn't figure out how it was anchored.

The Old World sure does love its metallic-painted street performers :) He kind of steals the shot away from the woman, but the woman is needed for the 'story' - he's obviously trying to get attention but not getting any from her.

Indeed it is.

I am not lying. She also has a blue bag. Just every inch as blue as the one in the corner.

And the yellow tetragons patterns correspond with his and her projected movements/positions.

Clever, innit :waiting:

Sorry...I just do not "get" it

Aha! I knew there had to be something in the suit connected to the stick, but since the carpet isn't in the frame, I couldn't figure out how it was anchored.

The Old World sure does love its metallic-painted street performers :) He kind of steals the shot away from the woman, but the woman is needed for the 'story' - he's obviously trying to get attention but not getting any from her.

Yes, this is exactly the story. But I like the formal ingredients here - the symmetry, the contrast in movement and those yellow patterns, that look like radiating from her and his head in different directions. It sort of shows that they are on different wave length.

For me, there are too many elements competing with each other for it to tell a coherent story. Sorry.

For me, there are too many elements competing with each other for it to tell a coherent story. Sorry.

Too many elements ? :shock: For a street photo? There are very few elements here and most are working for the story.. I really do not understand what do you mean..

Too many elements ? :shock: For a street photo? There are very few elements here and most are working for the story.. I really do not understand what do you mean..

Ok, so there's the mime artist, a trolley, the fire hydrant or bollard (I can't tell), the shop windows (one with strong lights and people in it, the other with a colourful sign and a half reflection of a brick wall, car and company name from across the street). I also think the composition isn't the best I've seen from you.

All in all a bit of a jumble. Sorry! I'm not saying I could do better, but, from what I've seen of what you've previously posted, I know you can.

Ok, so there's the mime artist, a trolley, the fire hydrant or bollard (I can't tell), the shop windows (one with strong lights and people in it, the other with a colourful sign and a half reflection of a brick wall, car and company name from across the street). I also think the composition isn't the best I've seen from you.

All in all a bit of a jumble. Sorry! I'm not saying I could do better, but, from what I've seen of what you've previously posted, I know you can.

OK. Let us look at it closely.

The mime artist: he is the part of the story obviously. Do not let the title fool you - this is not a portrait of a woman.
The trolley/black post: yes, i see what you mean, it does not look tidy at all. I thought about cloning it out, it s easy. But! It gives the image the needed balance, there is a visual triangle that makes it stable. And the trolley loooks like a cheap version of the woman's bag, which is funny.
The Windows: I see no problem here - it is almost symmetrical, breaks the otherwise boring wall and the fact that the right window is slightly larger that the left one, again, balances the mime guy. ( And BTW it is not windows - it is the Apple store :mrgreen:
The people in the shop: mmm..yes.. you are maybe right, I did not think about. Probably worth darkening a bit to hide the people and all that clutter... Or maybe not. I am on the fence here..
The yellow lights/colorful signs: these are very important here. Basicaly THAT is what the image is about. Look at them as the thought waves , projected right from the heads of two people here. They are on different planes, underlining the fact that these two people are both here and at the same time they are in diffrent worlds. Let me explain:

$Red Haired Woman 2 web.jpg

So we have the projected movements /positions underlined with these yellow patterns ( just look at these yellow lines/signs and imagine what these guys are thinking :) ) , we have the balance, we have the contrast between the stiil and moving subjects. We have a strong yellow/blue color scheme.
I think it is not that bad after all.

Last edited:
You could start your own street performance in Covent Garden getting blood out of stones.

As other people have said, you have posted much better images here with at least what appears to be good, considered composition and interesting subjects. This one, I'm afraid, just looks like a snapshot.

Most reactions

Back