Reed Creek in Fall (LR C&C welcome)

Low_Sky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sony a6500, Samyang/Rokinon 12mm f/2 manual lens, Lee Seven5 Big Stopper. f/16, 90s, ISO 100. I used the 10-stop filter to get some blur in the slow-moving clouds, and conveniently it also vanished the hikers that came through on the trail during my exposure. The filter is still new and I haven't tested enough to figure exactly how many stops it is. I know it's more than 10 because all of my shots using calculated 10-stop shutter speeds have come out under exposed. I think it's somewhere around a 10.5- or 11-stop (hence the dark "before" image).

C&C on any aspect of this shot is welcome, but I would especially appreciate critique on the processing. The LR corrections on this one are extensive so I won't go into detail on what I did to it, but please let me know what does/doesn't work for you about the "after" image. Thanks very much for looking and commenting.

After:
a6500-6505400-2 by Low_Sky, on Flickr

Before:
a6500-6505400 by Low_Sky, on Flickr

Edit: corrected "super stopper" to "big stopper"

Last edited:
Also, the dynamic range of this a6500 is just insane compared to my old Canon t3i. I'm learning to trust the histogram, and scenes that I would have to bracket and HDR merge with the t3i are a single exposure with the Sony. I still bracket a lot of my shots with the Sony out of habit, but end up only using the first exposure in LR. This "before" image coming out of the Canon would have been junk. Loving it!

The after looks pretty good to me. I think the Super Stopper is a 15 stop filter, at least if it is the same one that I have.

WesternGuy

The after looks pretty good to me. I think the Super Stopper is a 15 stop filter, at least if it is the same one that I have.

WesternGuy

You are correct, sir. I made a boo-boo, the one I have is a Big Stopper. Says "10 stop" right on the filter. I'll edit the original post.

Thanks Dean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back