Reflections In A Pond

very nice.

Joe

very nice.

Thank you Joe

Agree; lovely, tranquil scene. Is it just the slightest bit off-level?

You know I can't decide. I tilted it in post back and forth trying to line up on something. I finally split the difference slightly on the main tree reflection in the center as vertical.

I had to agree with @tirediron on level. Wanted to do some touch up anyhow, so I went back and leveled on the far shore as the horizon. Think that helped. So here is the final, unless there are any other suggestions before I put it to bed.

Beaver Pond02172017_023 web.jpg

Nice shot again looks to me in the second version that you bumped up saturation or contrast is that correct? i really like both of them

that you bumped up saturation or contrast is that correct? i really like both of them

Yes, yes, and more. I sent it over to PS to make some additional edits, one of which is a custom action that "heightens" the colors. The upside is it really brings out highlights and midtones, but the downside is you lose some shadow detail.

Serene image. Very nice.

Tony

Almost didn't go by this morning, as I thought I was to late to catch the light. There's a mountain ridge off to the left, that the sun was already peeking over when I turned on the road to this little swampy area in the valley. Glad I did as I timed it just right.

Nice image! This one looks tricky, tricky in the sense of exactly how dark to make that fog look! I think I like the first version, since I can see more of the background stuff in it, especially along the right hand third of the shot. Buuuuuuut I like the reflection and the pond flora better in the second shot! What to do!???

! What to do!???

Thanks Derrel. On my monitor, the shadow detail in the second is not totally lost. If I decide to print it, i'll do a test print first, and if need be, do some recovery in the shadows. The thing I like about the 2nd is better detail under the fog, the highlights in the woods and trees in the back, and more vibrant colors throughout.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back