Reflectors

FrankLamont

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been using professional reflectors for a while, but I have a habit of breaking them. It's a bit annoying, now, paying and breaking.

Anyone have any ideas on easily made/bought gold reflectors?

Try to address the cause? Be a little more careful with your equipment. I use reflectors often, both on a stand and holding them.

How are you damaging them?

For possible cheap solutions, you could look to ROSCO as they make camera gels and reflective material in "bulk". Also look for those car dash protectors, saw those once in gold and silver. Look for places that sell thermal blankets as another solution.

BTW, here in Canada, you can get a 5-in-1 reflector kit that is 28" and goes for a paltry $20. I bought my gold/silver one for $12 and it is 35" I believe.

EBAY sells 5 - 1 reflectors for under $20 all day.

EBAY sells 5 - 1 reflectors for under $20 all day.

I noticed those sets don't seem to have soft gold/soft white which seem to be very frequently used, is that right?

Well, I'll be honest...

I don't have an assistant, so whenever I try to balance the reflector and well...

Anyway, would those shiny large boards work?

Yep. Almost anything shiny will work just fine.

You could get a stand and boom to hold the reflector for you if you don't have an assistant. Just a thought.

Jerry: Where are you getting those 5-in-1s? I want three! :lol:

Yeah, it's hard finding a stand for that here in Melbourne, though.

A reliable store online that ships over here without ridiculous shipping prices? Hard to find.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back