Reindeer-mania in Lapland

Thank you :)

I have plenty more of Reindeer images, but I think I will leave it at these. Time to move on ;)

Oh so lovely Alex! What an adventure you've had, I'm happy to live vicariously through your amazing photographs!

Hmm, so I have to post more images tomorrow?? ;)

The panning one!! OMG that is gorgeous!!!
Yes please! More photos kind sir!

The panning one!! OMG that is gorgeous!!!
Yes please! More photos kind sir!

The panning one seems to be controversial ;)

Anyway, got some work to do today, but will try to post some more Lapland images tonight.

yes, why is that? I love a good panned photo.
In fact, I just won 3rd place in a national camera store photo contest with a panned photo! Done correctly (or a lucky shot), they are wonderful.

yes, why is that? I love a good panned photo.
In fact, I just won 3rd place in a national camera store photo contest with a panned photo! Done correctly (or a lucky shot), they are wonderful.

But not everyone likes them :)

I do though!

Nice shots. I bet those first 2 woul look fantastic in extreme wide angle - Maybe crop them both in half vertically, leaving only the golden bottom half?

Nice shots. I bet those first 2 woul look fantastic in extreme wide angle - Maybe crop them both in half vertically, leaving only the golden bottom half?

Well, all that would not change the angle, only the aspect ratio and the composition ;)

But I know what you mean, I left the greyish darker rock in there intentionally though to keep some more context in the image.

A 4x1 or better 3x1 crop could work nicely, I agree, but I would not totally reduce it to the bright parts only.

Well obviously a true wide angle would be impossible with post processing, and a processed wide angle effect would likely be noticable, but wide crops work well too I find :). Here for example, is one of my extreme wide crops and it really brings out the golden colours, at least in the glossy printed version. http://picturepostbox.com/images/image572.jpg

I do 4x1 and 3x1 quite often, posted quite some 3x1 this month here on the forum actually ;)

your link is a 2x1 ot 16x9 or something close I think.

Not sure what the exact ratio was in that one, I don't always stick to conventional sizes as I usually border to a 4:3 print in the end regardless. Looking again though I'm wondering why I considered it extreme, LOL. Maybe I have another crop hiding somewhere :-/.

Anyway, we all have different tastes and I think I'll have to disagree with your preference on those dark tones =). Maybe growing up in rainy England gave me an over the top taste for the sun...

Well, I grew up in a rainy town myself, and I lived in England.

I did not say it would not be a nice image. I only said I decided to create something different. This is a decision which is coupled with intentions.

If you or someone else had posted an image cropped as you described, I would have probably praised it and liked it. So my point is not as strong as you might think ;)

Most reactions

Back