reloading film

wesd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbywesley.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok here is my delema. The other night I was shooting the stars from my parents backyard, and I had a roll of 36 exp 200 film in my camera, I had 25 exposures left on the roll. I wanted to be shooting with a roll of 24 exp 800 film, so I rewound the 200 film into the cartrage, and loaded the 800 into the camera. Now my question is what is the safest way to get the little tab out so I can start takeing pictures where I left off on the 200?
Wes

Take it to a photo lab and ask them to pull the leader out for you.

I don't know if they are still available, but I have plastic 35mm film canisters that one end is removable. I used them when I was loading film from a bulk loader. You could remove the film and it's spool and place it into one of these film canisters.
...Terry

I think that the film puller is probably the easiest. Also, as was mentioned I bet you could find someone fairly easily at a photo lab to pull it for you, after all it isn't like it takes more than a couple of seconds to do.

If your camera rewinds by hand, next time, go slowly as you sense that you're approaching the end of the film. By feel, you can tell when it disengages from the take-up spool (the resistance in the knob will suddenly decrease). Give the knob about another 1/2 to 3/4 turn for good measure, and you can open the camera back and remove the film with the leader tab still outside the cassette.

Of course, note the number of the last frame exposed and skip one after that when you reload the film.

There shouldn't be a fee, Wes. If I was running a lab, I'd gladly do it for free, as I'm sure it's not a common request.

take a used piece of film about 6 inches long, wet the film emulsion side, push it in about a full turn, pull out. The films stick together and it will pull out.

Most reactions

Back